Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Some Delicious Vegan Foods!

All this week I've been having either salads or acai smoothies for breakfast. I have to be honest I prefer the salads! When you add beans or baked tofu, the salad really keeps me full for a long time.
I added peanut butter to this smoothie to make it a little more filling. I think in general I like to start my day with something savory.
I wanted sushi the other night, but I kind of overstuffed the wraps, so I just had sushi burritos. I filled them with avocado, tofu an cucumber. Super tasty!
Last night I made Tom Yum soup, It's so easy with the Tom Yum paste I got at the Asian market. This used to be one of my favorite things to order out, I never thought I'd be able to make it in my own kitchen!! This was so satisfying and really hit the spot.
I've definitely noticed that I feel really great starting my day with a big salad. It makes me feel clean and light and then I don't worry so much about getting my veggies in. I feel like when I start the day with veggies I naturally crave them more during the rest of my day. Funny how that works!
I've been battling the end of the winter blues and I can always depend on Roxy for some cuddles and love!





9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you've had the winter blues but that snuggles from sweet Roxy must be so comforting :) Those eyes!!

    Delicious vegan food indeed! It all looks amazing although I can't imagine drinking a smoothie in this cold! I always wish I could but it's just too cold. The soup looks heavenly and your salad looks delicious and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have the smoothie on a day that was a little springlike so it wasn't too bad. But I have definitely struggled with smoothies on cold days!

      Delete
  2. Peanut butter in a smoothie is always a good idea, in my opinion! And your soup and salad look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it taste like a peanut butter and jelly smoothie! Plus it keeps me full longer than just a fruit and veg smoothie.

      Delete
  3. That’s so great the breakfast salad makes you feel awesome! Looks fantastic to me- and yes, salads definitely need some tofu or beans and such to be a meal. I keep making kimchi vinegrette with the excess brine from my last batch of kimchi (the cabbage is long gone) and it’s crazy amazing! I bet it works with sauerkraut brine too.
    Is the tom yum paste spicy? I’ve always been afraid of it but conquered buying curry paste and not blowing my head off so maybe tom yum should be next... what is in the broth?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimchi vinaigrette sounds amazing!
      The Tom Yum paste is a little spicy, but I don't think it's super spicy.
      The broth is just water, garlic and the Tom Yum paste. The paste is so flavorful you really don't even need the garlic. You can also add a little coconut milk which apparently then makes it Tom Gha soup.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I’ll look for the tom yum and proceed with caution ;)) oooh, about everything is better with coconut milk, that sounds good too!
      Ttrockwood

      Delete
  4. What a magnificent floof!
    I also generally prefer something savoury to start the day with, though I generally need some sort of carb as well. Though sometimes I will have a smoothie. Baked tofu is one of my favourite additions to salads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bowl of Tom Yum soup looks fantastic! Beautiful Roxy!

    ReplyDelete