Friday, March 15, 2019

What I Ate!

Another breakfast salad! I've done salads or smoothies every day this week and I feel great! I do prefer the salads, I feel more satisfied and I definitely stay full longer. Even when I add peanut butter to my smoothies I just don't stay full long. 
Still on the orange carrot juice train! I love this as a pick me up, and I swear it has helped me stave off any sickies this season. (So Far) I know celery juice is all the rage, but for me this is all the juice I need!
Another red lentil, potato and tofu curry! This time I used curry powder, garam masala, and tomato paste. The tomato paste made it really dark and rich. I have a recipe for vegan butter chicken I've been wanting to try, so I kind of borrowed from that recipe. Basically this is butter lentils, potatoes and tofu!




3 comments:

  1. Ooooh everything looks delicious! I make a salad with apple, almonds and dried cranberries and I could totally see myself eating that for breakfast. The carrot juice is such a beautiful color. I don't get the celery juice thing. Everyone hates drinking it and I honestly don't ever hear about it making a difference. The curry is gorgeous! Really delicious looking meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoothies just don’t keep me full for more than two hours-doesn’t seem to make much of a difference if they’re very light and green or dense and have nut butter and protein powder; i just think it digests a lot faster.
    Well certainly seems the magical juice is working to keep you healthy! Yay :)) i tried celery juice exactly once. Ummmm, no one is drinking that stuff because it’s tasty. And i drink some really green funky juice. Which is probably more nutritionally dense anyhow....
    Tomato paste is so magical! It makes such an impact on flavor and also makes a sauce thicker which i love, i use loads of it in soups and stews- most recipe say a few TB and i just use the whole tiny can worth.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! We have celery juice haters in the house!

    ReplyDelete