Sunday, March 10, 2019

Some Things I Ate and Some Things I Love!

Yesterday I started my day with this big, beautiful salad made with Romaine, red pepper, cucumber, pickles, broccoli sprouts, white beans and goddess dressing. Really delicious and the beans made it nice and filling. Also, sliced pickles are amazing in salads! I ate this while wrapped in a blanket watching the snow fall. Yuk. I really feel great when I have a salad for breakfast. I plan on doing this a lot more. Spring is almost here and I want to feel great!
For dinner I made homemade pesto and tossed it with cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe's. Pesto and the gnocchi seriously compete with peanut butter and chocolate for best performance by a duo. I had half a can of white beans leftover from my breakfast salad so I tossed those in too. This was a very, very tasty and easy dinner. And it felt fancy!
I also ate some green grapes and had a carrot orange juice but I forget to take pictures. I drink orange carrot juice pretty dang regularly so you've seen it a million times!
I also snacked on some of these pretzels and AMAZING hummus!! I have to say that Trader Joe's makes some nice and creamy hummus. The pretzels are pretty amazing too. I always assumed Snyder's gluten free pretzels weren't vegan but they are! For anyone gluten free, these are hands down the best gluten free snack I've had. They taste exactly like a regular pretzel and I would give them a nine out of ten for texture. Really, really good. And I threw the Schmidt's deodorant in the picture because I've now been using it for about a week now and I have to say it is working for me! It is a little rough like I'm exfoliating and deodorizing, and it is a little thick and pasty so I could see it staining a white shirt, but to me those are small issues because it does keep me smelling like a vanilla touched rose! I think it's hard with any deodorant because we're all different so it's hard to recommend this but I can say it's working for me!


5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of pickles in salad! Why have I never done that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what took me so long to discover it either! The salty sourness make the best bites!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh that salad looks amazing and I love the idea of adding pickles too! The gnocchi looks yummy and I love that you loved the Mediterranean hummus! It's SOOOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an impressive salad! That combo with beans and goddess dressing sounds delicious. I am such a crazy pickle lover that i will eat them til i get a tummy ache...!! Hahaha! Have been this way since i was a little girl :))
    Great find on the pretzels- I’m a fan of their regular thin pretzels, and brilliant with that hummus, glad you’re into it too!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear the deodorant is working for you!
    Pesto and gnocchi on par with peanut butter and chocolate? A bold statement indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete