Sunday, March 17, 2019

Three Stores, One Haul

I made it to Trader Joe's again! I went on Friday and I managed to get there a little earlier than usual so it wasn't so intense. I also went to Natural grocers and Smiths for a few things. 
Buffalo hummus, onions, tofu,peppermint tea, Romaine, potatoes, tangelos, cherry tomatoes, lemon,blueberries,sriracha,avocados,nooch,coconut milk,carrots,banana,peanut butter
This was my splurge/new to me buy. It tastes pretty good, although not my fave hummus flavor, but the texture is what really turns me off. It's thin and runny. Back when I had a low quality blender I would have to add a significant amount of water to hummus to get it going. I never liked the results. So not only will I not buy again, I might exchange this for a better hummus.
yogi tea, mini chocolate bar. booch,gluten free pretzel sticks,violife shredded cheddar(!!!), Forager yogurt,Epsom salts

I absolutely love Snyder's gluten free pretzels. The best gluten free snack I've tried hands down. And they aren't ridiculously expensive either! I'm excited to try the violife shreds too. I really love their slices so I have very high hopes!
Frank's red hot, English cucumbers, black beans, pickles, Silk yogurt, sweet potato noodles,rice noodles, cauliflower puffs
I love the Vegan Rob's cauliflower puffs but I've only had them once because they're expensive, but Smith's had them on sale so I treated myself. They also had sweet potato noodles on sale, so I will definitely be making some japchae this week!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like some good hauls; too bad about the hummus, though. I found the violife shreds on sale, so I'm excited to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see if you like them too! I saw they have cream cheese too!!

      Delete
  2. Definitely take back the hummus, it’s a smaller package than most of them and a good $1 more so you should love it.
    I splurged on the medjool dates at TJs last week and holy mother of amazing...! It’s a surprising number of dates packed in there, big chewy ones- I’m having them with a bit of nut butter as a snack or breakfast lately. Friday shopping is way better than the weekend!
    Great finds on the potato noodles and cauli puffs! Also, i bet that pickle brine would make a great vinegrette salad dressing- just use a splash instead of vinegar.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did exchange the hummus. The guy at the little desk totally agreed with me about the texture! I really love how they make returning/exchanging so hassle free!
      OMG, I totally need to make a pickle vinaigrette!

      Delete
  3. I love those cauliflower puffs! Apparently they made pringles versions of all the Rob's snacks! I can't wait to try them because I remember LOVING pringles. You know, gotta at least TRY IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Pringles too!! The original are vegan I think, but they have wheat in them!! WHY!!!! OMG Vegan Robs Pringles sound amazing, I can't wait!

      Delete
  4. Those cauliflower puffs are SO GOOD! But not something I buy often, also due to price. Damn expensive over here. But so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I bet you pay double what I pay which is alreay too much! But they are sooooo good! I like the Brussels Sprouts puffs too!

      Delete
  5. Oooh great hauls!! I'm glad you treated yourself to the cauliflower puffs, sometimes we need to splurge on ourselves and it may as well be on something we know we love! I can't wait to see what you make with all of it!

    ReplyDelete