Thursday, November 30, 2017

Last Day of November

Yesterday I was looking for a winter coat which I didn't find. Actually I bought a really cute faux leather coat at Old Navy but ended up returning it. It was a bit more fashion than function, and unfortunately I don't have the budget to have two coats. Since I walk and take the bus I need a fully functional winter coat. Le Sigh. Anyway, I did pop into Whole Foods for another Califia Farms peppermint mocha.  I also saw a few new to me vegan items.
This sounds really good. But the price tag wasn't so good. It's over seven dollars a bottle! It's made with cashews, and has "superfoods" so I get it but at the same time I will never get it because I can't justify that price. But regardless of my limited budget and grumblings it's always nice to see more vegan options!
Remember back in the day when it was only soy nog? I never really minded because I like soy nog but it's just crazy that now there are so many choices. Although be warned, I just got a comment last night on a different post warning me that the malk is a huge disappointment. Weird, watery, sugary were mentioned so drink/buy at your own risk! Thanks Unknown(Trockwood) I agree with you, the price was already a turn off.
I also stopped at a different Natural Grocers and they had the Kite Hill ravioli. I totally forgot they made ravioli because I've never seen them anywhere! They were also super expensive as Kite Hill tends to be and also gluten but I might treat myself to a budget and gluten cheat day. Ravioli is a serious fave of mine.
I had a late night sushi bowl after work last night. For awhile I was getting in a habit of eating more processed food at night, so I'm trying to stick to meals like this that are pretty much as simple as a frozen meal. I feel better and it really is worth the extra few minutes. I like these sea tangle snacks I get at Whole Foods. They have the perfect amount of "fishiness" and I love that they say right on the front vegan Korean Nori.
Yesterday I was on my break at work and realized we had no spoons in the break room. I didn't want to have to run downstairs to the deli so I tried a fork. The cashewgurt is so thick it was no problem!
And one of my coworkers who has sampled some vegan goodies has now gone a full week of no meat!! He hasn't fully committed but a week is a week!
Creepy Afro! They've decided that the new it spot is behind my bedroom door. I guess it feels cozy and private, but they can still keep an eye on things.
I can't believe tomorrow is December 1st.!




6 comments:

  1. Afro is so cute! Good call on the fork for your yogurt! I'm playing catch up again. Has your natural Grocer been putting the Daiya on sale too? I'm hoping mine is doing that so they will finally start carrying the cutting board style shreds. It was 4.99 but has been down to 3.19 for quite a while now. So awesome about your co workers liking the food you prepared! Another win for us vegans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Maple Pecan Malk when I was in Austin a couple of years ago and I thought it was AMAZING. I was so sad that I could not have it again. But I haven't tried any of the other flavours, so can't speak to them.
    We don't have any vegan nogs here at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cozy winter coat is SO important! I hope you find one soon, it's cold out!
    I was totally not a fan of the Malk nog in your photo- thankfully was a clearance price at least! Ripple is my new favorite nondairy milk, and it's got a good amount of protein- i buy the unsweetened one on sale at whole foods (target also carries it, prob cheaper but not near me), then i add sweetner if it's going in my coffee or use as is unsweetened for a creamy sauce or soup.
    Kite hill ravioli is totally worth the splurge! I bet if you add in a bunch of veggies a package could make at least two meals.
    I have totally eaten yogurt with a fork! Just makes it more exciting to see if i dribble down the front of myself.....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it is going to be December either! Time is really flying!

    Agreed - the price of these new items is a deterrent. I often won't buy my favorite items if they are not on sale, so it's new - it needs to blow my socks! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My co-workers got me a birthday gift of a voucher for a vegan store and I think I'm going to use it for a couple of things I wouldn't normally buy because of price. Do you ever eat gnocchi? Just thinking it's a quick cook hearty winter food. It's easy to find in supermarkets here and is gf and usually vegan and pretty affordable. Good luck on the hunt for a coat. I found a good one in a charity shop last winter that's like wearing a sleeping bag it's that warm! Fingers crossed for one to turn up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES $7 a bottle! I'm with ya there! I would have to wait until it went on sale! Looks interesting, tho!

    ReplyDelete