Friday, November 24, 2017

Splurges

I saw this gluten free bread at work awhile ago. It's gluten free and it's actually vegan. It is of course pretty expensive which is why I haven't tried it up until now. Since I had to work yesterday I decided to splurge and get it for stuffing. I actually got two loaves. I used one for stuffing and have one in the freezer. I see a sandwich in my future! It's a Thanksliving miracle!
I had a simple dinner of sides. I was actually going to cheat and have a glutinous tofurky or Trader Joe's vegan roast, but I didn't get one in time, and we don't sell vegan roasts where I work. But sides are kind of the best part anyway! I also used the Mayacama gravy mix that I always use, but this time I tried the chicken flavor. It had a nice herb-y flavor. This was a nice little comforting meal after dealing with last minute shoppers all day.
My Thanksliving was pretty lame to be honest, but something that isn't lame and is worth talking about is this Awesomesauce from Hampton Creek. I had pretty much given up on ever finding this sauce, I had almost forgotten it existed!   Then, a few nights ago I  was putting something away at work and this jumped out at me! Who would ever think I would find this at the store I work at! As I've mentioned I don't really work at a vegan friendly grocery store. This is a very new development because just a week ago I checked to see if we sold vegan mayo and we did not.
I had to buy it. I really try not to spend money where I work, but come on it's awesomesauce!! When I got home from work that night I made some oven fries and tofu nuggets and tested out the sauce. It is high level awesome! It's like tartar sauce but with a lot more dill flavor. It seems like a tartar sauce that would be served in a fancy restaurant made by a super fancy chef. This would be AMAZING with some gardein fishless filets!! Hampton Creek does it again



10 comments:

  1. Hope this works this time. I think blogspot has something against my comments, lol. I always felt like sides are the best part of the meal too. Yours look awesome! I would love to find that sauce. It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce is so so good! I can't believe I found it at my work to be honestI think I saw a few people on YouTube say they found it at Wal-Mart?

      Delete
  2. Hey Hil! Happy belated Thanksgiving!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/slcvegan/1450592648316819/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen people say good things about that bread!
    We have only just (heh) got the Just sauces here, but no awesomesauce. None of their regular mayo either. Some spicy ones and some ranch ones, I got the sweet mustard to try. If I ever see awesome sauce I will be sure to snap it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really impressed by the bread. I've seen crackers by that brand and now I kind of want to try them!
      I hope you can find the plain Just Mayo soon, and the awesomesauce. I've never tried the sweet mustard, let me know if you like it!

      Delete
  4. The side ls are definitely the best part of thanksgiving! I'm glad you treated yourself to the gf bread and that awesome sauce really does sound awesome! I've never seen that before.
    My trader joe ran out of the turkeyless roast a while back but when i asked they said it should be in stock again thru christmas. Although i have to say it makes me happy that it's so popular!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The awesomesauce is so incredible!! I really love it and am so excited we have it at work!
      I think my Trader Joe's ran out of it too because I didn't see it last week when I shopped. I noticed Whole Foods was also sold out of Tofurky and Gardein roasts. I couldn't agree with you more I get super excited when I see vegan stuff being sold out. It's a great thing!!!

      Delete
  5. Your dinner of sides looks pretty good to me! Next time I get Gardein fishless filets I'll have to look for the awesomesauce, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get my hands on this awesomesauce!

    ReplyDelete