Saturday, November 25, 2017

Saturday Stuff

I need to get a winter appropriate pair of shoes/boots for winter. So believe it or not I braved black Friday and went to the plaza that houses Old Navy, Petco, Whole Foods and also a shoe store. I forget what it's called but it's some kind of warehouse type place that offers lower prices. I left with no shoes because they really weren't having that great of a sale in my opinion. It also wasn't a mad house which surprised me,
I did go to Whole Foods which also wasn't a madhouse and Petco which oddly was a madhouse. I got a few things at Whole Foods to tide me over till I have the strength to brave Trader Joe's again.
So Delicious vegan cheddar style shreds(!!) rice noodles, avocado,seaweed snacks,bananas,hazelnut coconut creamer,Forager cashewgurt, kale,kombucha,frozen strawberries, tofu, salted almond butter filled chocolate bar and dark chocolate with peppermint.
I also got some satsuma oranges, ginger,turmeric, cilantro and broccoli which didn't make it in the picture. I saw the So Delicious shreds on Instagram awhile ago and have been wanting to try them. I noticed them at Whole Foods the first time I went but I've always had vegan cheese at home. This time not only did I need vegan cheese, but Whole Foods had it on sale! It was meant to be! I'm going to make a potato broccoli corn and greens chowder kind of soup this weekend and I'm going to use a little of the shreds plus nooch to make it a cheese-y chowder. And since I have that extra loaf of gluten free bread in my freezer I will probably make a grilled cheese to go along with it. I haven't had a grilled cheese in well over a year!
Although my Thanksliving dinner of sides was very comforting and delicious, I needed something BOLD last night! I was super lucky and found an avocado that was ready to be eaten at Whole Foods. That never happens! I used the little seaweed snacks and made little sushi wraps.
I had some of this bar for dessert. I am not a huge fan of almond butter on it's own, but cover it in dark chocolate and suddenly I'm a super fan!
And here is a close up of sweet Joan. She is in a rare cuddly mood and she's been on my lap this whole time! Brenda if you're reading this that is the blanket you sent. We are both loving it!
Happy Caturday!



7 comments:

  1. Awwww! I love seeing Joan enjoying that blanket! I got one for me and my cats too. It’s so soft. I will definitely look for that sauce at Walmart. Very jealous of your so delicious cheddar style shreds. A grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds good with our cold weather. I’m going to look for that salted almond bar next time I shop. Hopefully they will have it at Natural grocer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all love the blanket. I use it on my blogging chair, and I can't get up for a second without someone stealing my seat. And there is always someone sleeping on it when I'm not on it!
      Grilled cheese and tomato soup does sound amazing! How cold is it where you are?
      I think I've gotten the bar at Natural Grocers before. I hope you can find it, it's so good!

      Delete
  2. I love the bowl to make mini sushi wraps, very cute!
    So annoying to brave out the sales and then find that the deals aren't that good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so annoying! But I guess it would have been worse if the store was a mad house and I didn't find anything!

      Delete
  3. Too bad about the lack of shoes you wanted... if you know a brand you like look online, seriously everyone has "cyber monday" sales now which can be waaaay easier to deal with than any actual stores.
    Love the mini sushi wraps! Very resourceful use of the seaweed snacks. And finding a ripe avocado is definitely a Sign, that's not easy to do!
    Let us know how you like those cheesey shreds, i kinda totally gave up on vegan cheeses a long time ago aside from those fancy nut cheeses from dr cow i buy for special occasions.
    Love the kitty cuddles, that's such a great photo of her :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to look online tomorrow. Cyber Monday feels so much safer than Black Friday!
      I saw the ripe avocado as a sign too. I don't know if that has ever happened before. They're always too ripe or not ripe at all!
      The shreds were okay. Not horrible but not great. Daiya melts better and taste wise no where near Chao. They are a if they're on sale type of product for me.

      Delete
  4. Hummmmm sorry not sure why I haven't commented on these yet! I have been reading them!

    ReplyDelete