Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Eating Plants

I know I showed these in yesterday's haul, but they deserve their own picture. Trader Joe's now sells dried split green peas! These join black beans, and red and green lentils in their little dried bean selection and I couldn't be happier! Trader Joe's has really been killing it lately!


Yesterday I made some smoky potato and split pea soup. I used smoked paprika and a little liquid smoke. There is no need for a ham bone or bacon or anything else gross!
I also have a tofu update. So yesterday I took my tofu taco mixture to my tofu hating coworker, and it was a SUCCESS!! She, her brother and one of her daughters loved it!! She said she was eating it cold before she even heated it up! I couldn't be happier! She called me a tofu magician! I feel great because now she and her family will be more open to meatless meals in the future! The vegan takeover continues!!!!
After work last night the girls made it hard to get in my warm comfy clothes! I didn't have the heart to move them so  I just found other things to throw on. Kanye's favorite place to sleep is in between Etta and Afro!

8 comments:

  1. YAY!!! SO glad your co-worker loved it (I knew she would! How could she not???). Also, love me some split peas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too!! It really made my day! Split peas are the best, especially in the winter.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad to hear she enjoyed it!
    Those girls are so cute. Sahara would lie on any piece of clothing I left lying on my bed, she gravitated towards any extra layer to sleep on no matter how thin! But the pay off was that when she moved my clothes would be toasty warm when I put them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These girls will lay on anything too. It cracks me up when it's a paper towel or something super thin.
      I was so happy she loved the tofu too! Woot woot!

      Delete
  3. Tofu magician! Haha, excellent. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! A tofu victory! That's great that she enjoyed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE hearing about your trips to TJs and other places and the things you find!!!!! And that is awesome about the WINS your co-workers and friends are enjoying the vegan stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete