Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Another Vegan Haul

Well, I braved Trader Joe's yesterday before work and all I can say is YIKES. I figured the monday after Thanksgiving early afternoon would be somewhat safe. No. It was like black Friday in there. But like I always say it's kind of good for the wallet because there is no lingering down the aisles when it's like that. I also hit Natural Grocers for a few things. Which was much more pleasant I might add. First I'll show my Trader Joe's haul, and then Natural Grocers!
Green split peas,lemons,frozen strawberries, green olives,white beans,edamame, Earl Grey tea,Green Dragon Sauce,Jasmine rice,Tofux2,coconut oil,coconut milk,green chilis,carrots,bananas, orange and grapefruit

cold brew coffee,avocado,tomato paste,raw slivered almonds
Natural Grocers! Daiya shreds,hush puppies,big kombucha,gardein sliders,cashewgurt and coconut milk yogurt,nooch,cold brew coffee,veg stock
The nooch and cold brew coffee are from Smith's, the rest Natural Grocers. The veg stock was on clearance for $.75 because the box is a little damaged!! The sliders are not for me. I actually have two other coworkers who have asked me questions about veganism, one is pretty serious about it and the other claims he "just likes meat too much" So I got the sliders because they are kind of fast food-y and meaty. They had them yesterday and both of them gave big thumbs up!! Thanks gardein!
For dinner last night I had Buffalo tots! I just drizzled tots with cholula hot sauce and dipped them in vegan blue cheese. Not the healthiest, but man was it delicious! I really recommend trying this.
So I took the tofu mixture along with a can of black beans and some corn tortillas to work yesterday, and my coworker had the day off!! But even better today is Tuesday so she and her daughters can have tofu taco Tuesday! So far I'm having success showing people that vegan food is not all wheatgrass and kale!

5 comments:

  1. Your coworkers are super lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! It feels great to show people that vegan food is sooooo delicious!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, i'm so excited for you introducing your coworkers to vegan foods! That's really awesome that you're so generous and they are open minded.

    I love your grocery haul posts :)) that gingerade GTS is my Ultimate flavor, i finally finally got my homemade to match the flavor spot on in a side my side taste test! Mine isn't as bubbly because GTS adds carbonation but that lemon ginger i will never get tired of.
    Oh, and that bottle of TJs cold brew is SO good! Somehow i hate the cold brew concentrate they sell but that bottled one you got is way better.
    Ttrockwood

    Ps
    I thought of you when i scored some "Malk" vegan milk on 99cents sale! It was marked as $8.50 so of course had not purchased it before.... it is SO GROSS!!! Consider yourself warned and don't waste your $ on it! Totally watery, weird watery sweetish flavor, and not at all creamy or milk-y. Like a bad version of generic rice milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that the Gardein sliders were a hit with your coworkers! I definitely need to try buffalo tots sometime; that's such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! YUMMERS on the Buffalo Tots!!!!!! I have been wanting to grab that booch or something similar that I have found at Tops but haven't seen it on sale yet! Maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete