Saturday, November 11, 2017

Caturday Stuff

I went shopping for a new shower curtain yesterday. Afro loves to chew on shower curtains, and Joan and Kanye like to climb shower curtains, so they have a short shelf life around here! While I was out I stopped at Trader Joe's for some groceries. It was insanely busy for a Friday afternoon. I forgot several things because I just had to get out of there! First of all I'll show you my new shower curtain. I thought it was different animals at first, but after closer inspection I see that it is different types of dogs. Sorry girls!
No joke, when I was hanging it Afro was wanting to chew on it! I mean at least let me get it hung before you destroy it!

I was going to show a picture of my full haul, but the picture is terrible! I was in a mood when I got home and didn't do a good job of displaying what I  got. It was the usual suspects, tofu, lemons, potatoes. But look what I saw in the ice cream section! Actually I saw a post on Instagram and knew I had to try them. My Trader Joe's had green tea and strawberry. I tried these last night and loved them! The ice cream is coconut milk based and it's creamy with a great natural strawberry taste. I will for sure buy these again!!
Last night I had a sushi bowl for dinner. Cucumbers are one of the forgotten items on my shopping trip but it was still really good. Just rice, baked tofu, seaweed snacks and a perfect buttery avocado. This was so good! Isn't it funny how good things taste when you haven't had them in awhile?
They were handing out samples of corn pudding at Trader Joe's yesterday. It wasn't vegan so I couldn't try it, and to be honest I don't think I've ever had corn pudding, but it looked good and so I decided I want to try and make a vegan version. I will be working on that tomorrow. I'm also going to try a version of scalloped potatoes with a cauliflower cheese sauce. I never really make holiday recipes and I guess I want to try a few this year. Look at me like being a real blogger and stuff!


Kanye is lounging right at my feet like this as I type. I know she wanted me to take her picture. She was doing lots of rolling around to make sure I noticed her! She's such a little tofurky ham!
Happy Caturday!

5 comments:

  1. That dessert find sounds neat! LOVE the shower curtain! Cute! I know what you meant about having to get out of a store when it's too crazy OMG. I have been doing multiple posts some days and I posted 2 today (one I think you already commented on - thanks!) and the one before that I thought you would enjoy because of the Guac book I scored for 49 cents LOL Happy Weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new shower curtain is so cute! Good luck with the new recipes you're planning to try; I can't wait to see how they turn out! And look at that belly; Kanye is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, look at that fluffy belly! Makes me want to rub it. I was just using my Trader Joe's vegan cheese for a sandwich earlier and omg it's better than daiya. Definitely melts better. Love the shower curtain. Check my other message on twitter when you have time please :) Hope you are getting to rest a little on your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute shower curtain! And how crazy that the cats destroy them- they're certainly not tasty to chew on!!
    I was just at trader joes this afternoon- because i am either insane or stupid, the original union square location in nyc on a sunday afternoon. Yeah. I was looking for cucumbers myself and that store was out too. Actually i was really bummed because i went to get a stuffed faux turkey and they were sold out! Those mochi look amazing, i didn't see those. But i did find a new frozen vegan high protein burger! Haven't tried it yet. Also picked up the vegan kale and cashew pesto and a bag of the japanese sweet potatoes which are white inside and crazy amazing.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that BELLEH!
    The shower curtain is super cute! Stop destroying it kitties, unless they destroy it more because it is puppies. ;)

    ReplyDelete