Wednesday, November 15, 2017

It Had to Happen Sometime!

This was my after work dinner. A simple plate of baked tofu with some soy sauce and wasabi. It's also the meal that earned me my first food shaming comment on Instagram! I've been really blessed with only positive experiences and comments on the Gram, and this one negative comment is kind of more comical than anything else. Someone mentioned this is too much soy . I personally don't fear soy, and I eat tofu weekly, a lot of times more than once. My life would be so empty without tofu!

I'm back on the potato train. Not that I ever left of course. But I have been eating more frozen fries than homemade oven fries. One day I had one big russet with a few Yukon Gold's with some leftover corn pudding. I made a dipping sauce with vegan mayo and green dragon sauce. Yesterday I did the same but the dipping sauce was sweet and hot mustard mixed with vegan mayo. I'm loving this Creole seasoning I picked up for fifty cents on the potatoes. Like tofu potatoes get a bad rap but I love them and will never stop eating them!
I made extra cauliflower cheese sauce the other day  and took it to one of my coworkers who has expressed interest in veganism and told her to toss it with some pasta.  Her hubby hates cauliflower so she didn't tell him till after he ate it. Well, she loved it and her hubby did too!! She even asked for the recipe!! Woot Woot!
Speaking of recipes, a super sweet person named Brenda sent me these vegan cookbooks along with handmade kitty toys and adult coloring books etc. Cookin Crunk woot woot!!! I can't wait to make all the stuff! That is of course when nap time is over!



11 comments:

  1. Nice surprise with the cookbooks! WOW! I still don't have Bianca's Book...OMG...eeeek! The tofu looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gorgeous cookbooks are getting a lotta love from those gorgeous critters! If you make anything from Cookin' Crunk, definitely share photos. I don't have that one either (even though she's one of my all time favorite V-bloggers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing surprise with the cookbooks! I've been eying Bianca's book as well. I can't wait to see what you make from it! Your oven fries are always perfection and forget the food shamer. How silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic about your co-worker and how exciting to get those books from Brenda. I have the 2 Isa books and they are probably my most used cookery books. Looking forward to seeing what you make from them and the other two especially Cookin Crunk, love Bianca's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely gift of books. :)
    Soy is so good and so is life and they can pry the tofu out of my cold dead hands. People need to stop giving silly opinions where they aren't asked for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me crazy how people take random food info and then distort it...! The issue is potentially with large quantities of processed soy products on a regular basis such as isolated soy protein and basically the weird processed *ish that is soy based. Whole soy based foods like soy milk, edamame, tofu, etc are a non issue.
    And tofu plus soy sauce = fantastic

    What a sweet gift of cookbooks! Isa's books are awesome, she has taught me soooo much over the years. And how exciting the cauli cheese sauce was a hit with tour coworker! Very sweet of you to bring that to share :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughing at the idea that that is too much soy! I eat at least that much most days whilst travelling around Asia and it's not even close to an amount that could be considered a problem. Loving the look of those fries too, I'm missing thick chunky fries at the mo'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love seeing your potato meals & the different dips you make! What a fun surprise with the cookbooks; that's hilarious how the kitties had to nap with them first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the pics of your kitties with the cookbooks, they are probably smelling my kitties, lol. They are always all over everything. It amazes me how people can judge other people and their food choices so much. Wonder how many unhealthy food choices they make every day? We eat what we eat to make better lives for us and for the animals we love. Of course, that reminds me that I found that little tofu cookbook under the kitchen table after I had sent that box off. Will send it later on when you need more cat toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haters gonna hate! Give me all the tofu! XD

    Super jealous of your vegan crunk! That's a book I would like to pick up

    ReplyDelete