Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Some Eats


Yesterday for lunch I made a gochujang miso veggie soup kind of thing. I just threw some garlic, ginger and kale in a pot with some water and a little gochujang sauce. Then I added some lotus foods rice noodles and turned off the heat and stirred in some miso paste. I also added some oven baked tofu and a drizzle of sriracha. Everyone I work with has been getting sick and customers have been buying all kinds of flu and cold medicines and coughing all over me so I am drinking tons of airborne and trying to get in all the probiotics I can!
Work was hard yesterday. The whole turkey situation has me feeling really blue. And hearing everyone talk about how they're going to cook it and on and on is really making me sick if I'm being honest. And it's so hard to just smile and act like this is all okay. And I won't go into graphic detail because it's bad enough that I had to deal with this but when people buy turkeys that aren't frozen they can be rather leaky and I think you all know what they're leaking. It's so terrible I'm crying right now. Anyway I could go on but I won't. So yesterday after work I was drained and feeling really blue so I really couldn't be bothered to cook anything. I actually had no appetite but I made myself have something. And that was two Dr. Praegers burgers.
I also added a dollop of hummus just for kicks. This plate I am using is a Cindy Crawford design! Who knew she designed plates? I got it at a thrift shop for seventy five cents so I really scored on that one!
The past few days have been warm and sunny so the girls have been loving the windows being open and sniffing the crisp fall air. And of course Joan and Kanye are always on squirrel watching duty!
I probably won't be posting tomorrow because I have to work late tonight and then be there kind of early tomorrow. But I hope that everyone who celebrates has a wonderful day, and for those who don't I hope you also have a wonderful day! I am so grateful for everyone I've met through this blog. I can't wait to see all the delicious looking food pictures that are going to be floating around!!


7 comments:

  1. Oh man, that is so tough! I'm sorry! I worked at a grocery store when I was in college. I wasn't vegan then, but I was vegetarian, and it bothered me so much to ring up meat. Ugh. I really don't understand how people still eat meat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is extremely hard and i really don't understand it either.

      Delete
  2. That is very unfun. :(
    I hate when people cough everywhere. I have that all the time in my consult room at work, especially with kids. I have only just recovered from an epic cold and I was so careful to not cough on people!!
    I would never have known that Cindy Crawford was a plate designer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be so careful too and it's so frustrating when other people are so careless with their germs! I recently recovered from a cold too and I definitely don't want another one!
      I would have never guessed Cindy Crawford would design plates!

      Delete
  3. When I went veg I was 15 so when I started working at 16 in the grocery store and saw all of these whole tenderloins shuffling down the check out area I knew I made the right choice. It was awful to deal with but still a reminder as to why WE do what WE do and then we know we don't contribute to that. Not sure if that makes sense but I remember even as a teen feeling that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes sense. I totally agree with you. It's just really hard to be touching that. I just want to run out of the door screaming!

      Delete
  4. Your lunch looks amazing, but I'm so sorry to hear about your tough day at work; that must have been absolutely terrible! :(

    ReplyDelete