Friday, November 17, 2017

Vegan Trader Joe's!

I went to Natural Grocers and Trader Joe's yesterday afternoon before work to get a few things to tide me over for the week. I thought early Thursday afternoon would be a safe time to shop but it was like Saturday afternoon at Trader Joe's! I almost turned around as soon as I walked it to be honest! But I stuck it out and I even got a few pictures of new items I saw but didn't buy. I'll start with the new items and then show my haul!
Three new vegan salad dressings! I want to try them all! They are either $3.69 or $3.49 each.
What the Bitchin sauce is this? It looks similar in texture to the bitchin sauce I recently tried. I think this was around $3.49 or so as well. I bet it's amazing!
I almost got these because not only are they vegan but they're also gluten free! But I still have some Dr. Praegers burgers to finish up before I go buying more veggie burgers. They're made with pea protein so I'm guessing somewhat similar to a Beast Burger?
The chicken-less tenders are back! I don't think they're gardein but someone I follow on the Gram tried them and said they liked them even better than the previous tenders!
These were at Natural Grocers. I have seen the pulled pork and one other flavor pocket but I've never seen the eggless scramble pockets. They look so good but alas gluten.
Here is my little mini haul from Natural grocers. They have GT's booch on sale for $1.99 a bottle! They also have the Califia cold brew on sale so I had to get the peppermint mocha!! It's sooooo good! I also picked up more miso paste because it's been too long since I've had miso soup!
almond nog, coconut milk, tofu,marinara sauce, cruciferous salad mix,spaghetti squash,more tofu,carrots,lemons,kale cashew vegan pesto(!!), garlic,frozen blueberries,bananas

Today I am making a spaghetti squash lasagna with a tofu/almond ricotta, marinara sauce and this vegan cashew basil and kale pesto I found at Trader Joe's. I have my squash roasting right now with some garlic and my apartment smells AHMAZING!!
Here is a close up of the pesto. I'm not sure how long this has been around but it's new to me. Trader Joe's is really showing a lot of vegan love lately!





14 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Carrot Ginger Miso dressing! I'm also a huge fan of Annie's Goddess dressing. So cool that TJs now has their own versions, plus that almond butter turmeric looks very interesting. I must get down there and pick up a bottle of each. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love carrot ginger miso dressing too! Trader Joe's also has their version of Annie's Goddess dressing with their shelf stable salad dressings. It's really good and a lot cheaper than Annie's!

      Delete
  2. Everything looks great but the thing that stood out above the rest was the PESTO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dressings sound really good, I am glad that there are more and more options becoming available.
    Would not have picked Thursday morning as a peak shopping time, but there you go! Glad you managed to stick it out and get some goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so happy when I see more and more vegan options. Not just because yay for us, but because it tells me that demand is up which is only good news for animals.
      I was so surprised to see a Thursday be so busy, but I think it's going to be like that through the holidays!!

      Delete
  4. I couldn't find that pesto when I was at Trader Joes! I had made a list of things to look for when I went from the blogs I read and found most of them but not that pesto, dang it! Rainy and cold here, great day for miso soup! How's the weather there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were out of it a week ago at the store I go to. I guess it's really popular and they sell out a lot. It's kind of by the hummus and other dips if that helps the next time you go.
      It's been cool. It rained on my day off which was fine because I stayed home. The last few days have been sunny which has been nice.

      Delete
  5. The chicken-less tenders look really good; I may have to attempt another Trader Joe's visit to look for them. (I finally went to TJ's a couple months ago, but it was so busy & crowded I literally couldn't think while I was in there, so I just walked around and didn't end up getting anything haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost turned around and left when I walked in too! It's pretty overwhelming.

      Delete
  6. The new vegan burgers are good! Really satisfying and without the weird kind of rubbery texture of faux meat patties. Not as flavorful as veggie based patties so you definitely want condiments, i had mine with some dijon, ketchup, and pickle slices which was great.
    That vegan pesto is awesome!! Great idea with the spaghetti squash, i bet that was delicious!
    I'm so upset i didn't see those salad dressings, the almond butter one sounds amazing- they all do....

    Ooh! Did you see the vegan coconut whipped cream?!?? In a can! I totally made myself a mug of hot almond chocolate milk and used a ton of it on top- and it made my day 100% better :))
    Great finds at natural grocers, i have never seen kombucha for $2! That limited edition flavor is really great.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pesto is sooooo good! Next time I go I plan on picking up those burgers. They're a decent price too.
      The dressings have to be brand new because they weren't there last wee when I shopped.
      I looked for the whipped cream in a can and didn't see it. But next time I will ask an employee because I want to try it soooo bad! Vegan whipped cream in a can, what a world we live in!

      Delete
  7. I always love having a walk around Trader Joe's when I'm in the US. There are always so many fun new things & I always bring a bunch of stuff home. I wish they'd get a more ethical chocolate supplier because I miss their salty chocolate covered pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great store. It's probably my favorite place to get groceries! I've wondered about their chocolate. Good to know.

      Delete