Sunday, November 19, 2017

One of Those Days!

Before I talk food I I wanted to let you all know that I have been trying to respond to comments for the last few days and I don't know what's happening with blogger but when I hit reply that little blue circle pops up like it's buffering or something. Yesterday I got to reply to one comment and then it happened again. So I am trying to respond to comments I promise!
I found another delicious way to use the vegan pesto from Trader Joe's. Yesterday before work I roasted some potatoes and then tossed them with the pesto and some nooch. Once the warm potatoes hit the pesto the smell was out of this world!
This was such an easy and delicious lunch! And pesto is a food that cheers me up. I think it's the fresh smell maybe it reminds me of spring? Anyway between this and the sunny walk to work I felt pretty chipper when I walked into work. If only that feeling could have lasted...
It's been about a year since I found out I have hypothyroidism. Because gluten is not good for people with hypothyroidism I have also avoided gluten for that long. It's been tough. Going vegan was seriously not tough for me, but living gluten free has been really frustrating and I do feel deprived if I'm being honest, where I don't feel deprived at all being vegan.Anyway, last night I decided that a few gardein meatless balls would go so well with some leftover spaghetti squash lasagna. I was so right. I have missed gardein so much you don't even understand! I always look at it longingly when I'm grocery shopping. And when it's on some kind of amazing sale it takes a lot of willpower to walk away. So this was a real treat and after the day I had I deserved it. I won't go into too much detail, but the short version is that yesterday we had a special BBQ day where the deli made smoked ribs so people could buy what they call racks. Which are ribs, like the ribs of a being that wanted to live. Anyway I had to ring up meat enthusiasts until I begged to be stationed at the self checkout where there is a lot less interaction with the customers. But the bad part of that was the self checkout is right by where they had the rib sale going on. I was pretty much trapped. So not the best day I've ever had.
I also made some gluten free brownies when I got home from work. I had a brownie mix that I had picked up on clearance forever ago so I just mixed it with one can of lite coconut milk. I didn't have any flax seeds so I didn't even use an egg replacer and it totally worked! You know I had a bad day when I bake at night!
And here is Afro in a ray of sunlight enjoying one of the toys Brenda sent along with the cookbooks. She likes to use it as a pillow! She was sleeping when I was taking the picture, but certain kitties woke her up. (Ahem Etta)




3 comments:

  1. The Pesto on potatoes sounds ideal! The brownies look good, too! I'm an awful baker! One of these days I will try again, maybe LOL

    You would be proud of me! I made Oven Potato Fries and Wedges for the 3rd day in a row! Tomorrow I will posting the sauces! Tonight I had to hurry up and post my new attempt at a vegan cheese sauce which has to be my favorite in A LONG TIME!!!!

    It snowed today...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to cut meat out of my life. I don't know if I'll lean more vegan or vegetarian. But in your opinion what's the best way to revoke meat from your diet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a terrible day at work. :(
    I am glad the brownies were good so you at least got a sweet treat at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete