Wednesday, December 3, 2014

No Sugar Plums Dancing for Me

I'm going to interrupt the all the doom that has taken over to talk about something that is making me feel great!! Last Wednesday I cut sugar out of my diet, and I am amazed at how quickly I noticed a difference in how I felt. Like I'm talking the same day I felt better. I don't think that I necessarily had a problem with sugar, but I noticed once it started getting cold, I was drinking more chai tea, and adding a little sugar to each cup. Although I do have agave in my cupboard, sugar is so much cheaper so I was using it every day. And at night I would usually have something sweet before bed. I felt like for about the past month or two I was a little sluggish, and I felt like I had put on a few pounds that I had so proudly dropped. Anyway, I have heard great success stories of people giving up sugar, so I thought why not, it's not going to hurt me. First of all, it has been way easier than I thought it would be, I haven't really had any crazy cravings, or headaches or anything. I feel lighter, both in my head and body. It's pretty amazing, and again, the results were instant. I really love that, it makes it so much easier to stick with it when you feel so much better. Because isn't that why any of us get hooked on anything? To feel better, more alert, etc.
I think I'm going to avoid sugar altogether for 30 days, and see how I feel then, and how hardcore I want to be in the future. I have heard of people who say sugar is way too sweet after not having it. And I know that Freelee the banana girl says that part of the benefit of eating a high carb/high fruit diet is that you get so much natural sugar, that you really don't crave sweets. I agree with that, but I am not eating nearly as much fruit now that it's almost winter, as I did in the summer. Anyway, I try not to be to militant with myself, so when this 30 days is up, we will see if sugar can be in my life in moderation, or if it needs to be sent to toxic island.
I have some brown sugar that I am going to make into a skin scrub with lemon and coconut oil. I'm going to be tinkering with measurements today or tomorrow, so when I have it perfected, I will post the recipe. I have a scrub with those ingredients that I treated myself to awhile ago, and it was expensive!! But, so worth it, it is like heaven for your skin. Man, my skin glows all day when i use this scrub, and it is made with coconut oil, brown sugar, and lemon juice, that's it! So I am on a mission to copy this scrub!!

No comments:

Post a Comment