Friday, December 26, 2014

Dance of the Coconut Sugar Plum Fairies

I hope everyone had a warm and wonderful holiday. And I hope tons of delicious vegan food was consumed by many.
I have to be honest, I have been sitting here for an hour trying to write this damn thing. I have three different things written down to blog about, it's just that truth be told, my heart is still very heavy over Robin running away. I'm very worried about him. What is he eating? Where is he sleeping? I don't know why he ran away that day. I go outside multiple times a day to feed the neighborhood strays, and he has never once shown any interest in being outside. I haven't given up all hope, but I am very sad, and worried.  And I don't have the energy to write about pantry staples right now, because I don't care. Pantry staples aren't keeping Robin safe. I have to save my phoniness for work. There is no way I can express my sadness or worry over an animal at work.
On a not completely unrelated note, I experimented with coconut sugar. I made vegan brownies, and used coconut sugar in place of white, as a way to I guess have my brownies, and eat them too. In case anyone is wondering, it was a success. I used coconut sugar in my tea, and it dissolved, and was sweet, and I noticed no difference in the brownies. I also added peppermint extract and they were like a brownie version of a thin mint cookie. Yum. The problem is that I ate too many brownies while looking outside and crying. And everyone knows cry eating is the same as mindless eating, which is dangerous. Anyway, I recommend coconut sugar as far as taste, but wow the price. The bag I bought was on sale for like $ 4.50, for a one pound bag. So, yes pricier than regular sugar, but worth it. Have you ever eaten too many sweets, and the next day you have a sugar hangover? No coconut sugar hangover. I didn't feel as dirty after eating these brownies either. Which is both a good and bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment