Saturday, December 20, 2014

Cozy & Cheap

So as I mentioned the other day when I was under the weather, I started drinking a ton of orange juice. I decided to put the peels in a pot of water, added some cinnamon, and a chai tea bag. I brought it to a boil, then simmered for awhile, and it made my little apartment smell like orange spice tea by Celestial Seasonings. It was delightful, and my life has been lacking delight for awhile, so it was much needed. It is a great little way to make your house smell very festive and cozy, and you don't have to spend any extra money.
I also finally made my own coconut oil/sugar/lemon face scrub. I used about half a cup of unrefined coconut oil, the juice of one lemon, and about 3/4 cup of sugar. I think it would be better course sugar. The scrub I'm trying to replicate seemed to use much more course sugar. So what I'm saying is the scrub I made isn't ready to be sold at beauty supply stores, but for my first attempt, I'm super happy with the results.
Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment