Thursday, December 4, 2014

Emotional Rescue

For as long as I can remember, no matter what is going on in my life, I have always been able to find comfort in animals, and books. I love reading, and can't think of a time in my life when I didn't love reading. Getting lost in someone else's words and worlds is just a great treat. I remember when I was very young I would read everything I could possibly find about animals, and follow my mom's friends around prattling off all of these facts. So, feeling as down as I have for the past while, it's no surprise that I found a copy of Isa Does It, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and Salad Samurai, by Terry Hope Romero!! Excuse my lack of class, but I almost shit myself when I saw these both on the shelf of the library where I live!! And I needed a lift, both in and out of the kitchen. I love to cook, and I love to create in the kitchen, but I have been in such a rut lately, kind of just phoning it in. I glanced through both yesterday, but today after work I am going to look through both, and making a list for the grocery. I can already tell I will need to renew both books, because they look amazing. I saw a couple of pictures and recipes for different types of Kale salad in Salad Samurai that look like I want to eat these salads every day! And the library had a new to me book by one of my favorite fiction authors, and they have a book I read about on another blog, called Bad Feminist on reserve for me, and I don't know what shocked me more, the fact that the library had it, or the fact that it was checked out! So, once again, books have come to my aid, in seeking some kind of calm.
Hopefully, tomorrow I will have less doom, and more talk of awesome face scrubs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment