Sunday, April 1, 2018

Trying Totchos

This is not on my potato diet, but that's okay because it wasn't for me. It was for some of my coworkers. I have two coworkers who are both lactose intolerant and everyday they eat the mac and cheese from the deli and then have various issues all day. It's like groundhog day it just goes on and on. So I told them I would make a vegan version that would give them no issues. I used my usual light coconut milk recipe with some vegan shreds. I did use regular pasta because it's cheaper and none of my coworkers are gluten free. I did taste it to make sure it was tasty, but only one bite. It was so hard!!
As I mentioned Roxy and Joan love to help me in the kitchen. Part of Roxy is hanging off of the counter that's how committed she is to helping me.  One coworker kind of always puts vegan food down and she loved it! Woot woot!! And this took under twenty minutes to make, it's so easy!! I think I might make little gift packs with the recipe and ingredients in the future to hopefully encourage? Or is that being too pushy?
Back to potato news I finally tried totchos! With all of the potatoes I eat I don't understand how this is the first time I'm trying these!! I have seen a lot of fancy totchos on the Gram and blogs, so mine pale in comparison but these were sooooooo good I don't even know if I would change anything. Except that I would add some chopped green onion. I had a green onion saved for this dish, but it had unfortunately turned not so green. I just heated up some tots and then poured my potato queso over them. I didn't even heat the sauce up. The tots did that for me! I added a dollop of salsa on top and called it dinner. This is something I will make again and again. Who needs chips when you can have tots!!





6 comments:

  1. How nice of you to make mac & cheese for your coworkers! What a devoted helper Roxy is; she looks like she's guarding the jars, haha! Your totchos look amazing; I definitely need to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never noticed that Roxy has white mittens. So friggin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet to do that for your co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome you made vegan mac and cheese for them! (And what kind of crazy would volunteer to deal with such misery??!)
    Nice totchos! What’s fun is they can be as simple or complicated as you want them to be :)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cheese sauce seriously looks insane. It looks exactly like nacho cheese and I bet it is so absolutely delicious. I really need to make some already! I love that you have been making vegan food for your coworkers! I bet it is all so delicious and I know they must love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Potato queso takes totchos to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete