Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Still Going Potato Strong!

Lemons, onion, frozen blueberries and strawberries,coconut milk,bananas,baby spinach,tofu
My very tiny Trader Joe's haul. I'm not sure why but the store was more of a madhouse than usual so I was in and out in a flash.
I didn't buy potatoes at Trader Joe's because Smith's ha ten pound bags of potatoes on sale for $1.99! I was seriously going to buy two but the rest of the bags didn't look the greatest. I was going to eat only organic potatoes while on this potato diet, but I can't pass up that deal. I'll just wash really well and of course peel the potatoes.
I ran into Natural Grocers for some Epsom salts and picked up these jerky snacks for my newly vegan coworker to try. He mentioned the other night he was very tempted by beef jerky. I guess he used to eat it all the time. He actually almost bought some! The good news is he did not buy the beef jerky and he really liked both of these!
I'm now on week two of the potato diet and I'm feeling pretty great. I'm not bored of potatoes yet and I feel satisfied and happy. Here's to seven more days, maybe even more!
The last couple of nights have been pretty chilly so I've had the heat on. Here is Joan laying on the vent and keeping all the warmth! She would so love a fireplace!!


7 comments:

  1. Similarly my local grocer had a 10lb bag for $1.99! I didn’t pick them up as I need to do a pantry challenge, but what a great price. I’ve never done a solitary food diet, but I can see the value in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't beat $1.99 for a weeks worth of meals!
      I have always heard raw foodies talk about the benefits of mono meals. I have to say that my digestion is always on point when I'm eating potato meals.

      Delete
  2. Great haul and what a great deal on the potatoes! I am so glad that you are enjoying the Potato Diet and feeling good! You've been making some awesome recipes for sure! Love sweet Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally scored on the potatoes. I couldn't believe my eyes to be honest!
      I am feeling good. And it has felt good to get back in the kitchen!
      Joan, my little heat hog!!

      Delete
  3. That’s a lotta potatoes! And yeah, for $2?!? Amazing.
    I never even liked jerkey back when i was omni and I LOVE those primal strips! They’re all crazy good and stop my afternoon tummy grumbles fast. Well not the lime one, that’s gross.
    It may be “spring” but i’m certainly still using the heat and wearing warm socks! Ugh.....
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really scored on the potatoes. $1.99 is a decent deal for five pounds let alone ten!!
      I love the Thai peanut primal strips!
      I know spring is taking it's time getting here!

      Delete
  4. Such a great deal on the potato!
    Pretty sure that Dim Sim would have the same idea as Joan, all the heat is for her!

    ReplyDelete