Thursday, April 19, 2018

Boring Food and Fun Treats!

I've been enjoying pasta with lentils and marinara. It's really nice having cooked lentils I can just throw in with the cooked pasta. Easy Peasy.
Last night I had shredded hash browns from Trader Joe's with ketchup and green dragon sauce. So delicious! I just spread the hash browns out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and seasoned them with some seasoned salt and sriracha pepper. After about fifteen minutes I kind of stir them around a bit and cook for a bit longer and they always come out perfect. Nice quick hands off meal.
While my food has been relatively boring, these are super exciting! I've tried two other treats from goodpop, the vegan dreamsicles and the vegan cookies and cream bars. We just got these in at work last week and I have been eyeballing them! I wasn't buying them because I am working hard to stick to a budget, and also we all know I don't like to spend too much money where I work. But last night they were on sale for a dollar off the regular price and I decided to treat myself. I've been really struggling with work. Like really struggling so I wanted a cherry lemonade treat! These are nice and tart just like I like my popsicles. They're also only 35 calories a pop, so having more than one is not a bad thing. They do kind of taste low calorie in that they taste a little watered down. When I was a kid and we were super poor my mom would make juice or lemonade from concentrate but add more water to make it stretch. These kind of reminded me of that. But still they are tasty and super fun to eat. After a night of getting my soul sucked from adults it was nice to feel like a kid.
This was on my teabag this morning. I always like these quotes, but some days I feel like they were meant for me. I'm going to try and be a flower today!



4 comments:

  1. I love the combo of lentils with tomato sauce of any kind, the flavors work so well together.
    Those popsicles make me wish for summer! They look so cheerful and refreshing :))
    I have a little collection of personal photos and cards and such on my refrigerator, that tea bag quote would go there as something to re-read frequently.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hash browns look so good, and cherry lemonade sounds like a perfect popsicle flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those pops are calling to me! Cherry and lemon are my favorite flavors for fruity things so those sound perfect! The hash browns look perfect and the pasta looks filling and yummy! Love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry lemonade sounds like a perfectly refreshing icy treat!

    ReplyDelete