Sunday, April 22, 2018

Oh What A Haul

Yesterday was grocery day so I went to Sprouts an Trader Joe's. I haven't been to Sprouts in awhile, but they have my favorite Ataulfo mangoes on sale three for a dollar! No way I can resist that sale!
Red pepper, citrus kevits,truffle fries(??!!), tofu,red onion, cilantro,nine mangoes,strawberriesx2blackberries,avocado,rice,garbanzo beans,lemongrass stalk
I got all that food for twenty four dollars. If you stay away from the specialty items Sprouts is a pretty affordable place to shop.

 I saw this on the shelf(speaking of specialty items) and was pleasantly surprised. I've always been a fan of Lightlife's products and I didn't even know they were making jerky! There are so many brands of vegan jerky which obviously means people are buying it and it's making money.
coconut water, lime floes,fruit frenzy bars,soyaki sauce,garbanzo salad,carrots,frozen cherries,bananas,potatoes,spinach,coconut milk,olives,complete cookies,lemons

Last Saturday Trader Joe's was pleasantly calm but yesterday was more like a typical insane Saturday at Trader Joe's. Needless to say I called on my inner Flash to get me in and out. The cookies and chickpea salad were impulse buys. Usually I have more self control  but I was hungry bordering on hangry.
Look at this little kitty loaf! This is how Joan was napping for hours the other day! I don't know if someone made her mad and she was pouting or what. My little introvert!

4 comments:

  1. What a crazy deal on those mangos! I love those smaller ones, they seem to have a slightly different texture than larger ones, I can’t describe it well.
    Those lime bars are SO good!! It’s impossible for me to get those back to my apartment before they melt so I can’t get them :/ The complete cookies are hit or miss, seems to depend on the flavor-some are kind of dry. They make a good breakfast on the go or sturdy snack thing.
    What will you make with the lemongrass?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smaller mangoes are creamier and just absolutely the best! It's hard to eat the red mangoes after having the gold.
      The only complete cookie I can stand if the chocolate chocolate chip. It's pretty dry but the double chocolate kind of masks the protein powder taste.
      I'm going to make some kind of tofu dish and use the lemongrass as a marinade and also in the sauce.

      Delete
  2. Joan, after my own heart. Sometimes I wish I could just hide my head and sleep the day away!
    I am pretty sure that I have heard a review of the LightLife jerky from The Bearded Vegans, but I can't remember if they said it was good or not... there was one jerky they tried that they didn't like. Was this it? Silly memory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear Joan and I are soul mates in that way.
      I haven't heard anyone mention this jerky. I'll have to find that review. I'm not really into vegan jerky, but I take it as an excellent sign that more and more brands are making it!

      Delete