Monday, April 2, 2018

Potatoes on Top of Potatoes

I had some leftover potato queso and I enjoyed the totchos so much that I made potachos? I cubed some potatoes and roasted them with taco seasoning and nooch and then covered them with the sauce and green dragon sauce of course. Man was this delicious! Potatoes on top of potatoes!
I wanted to make a potato curry so before work I chopped some potatoes and put them in a bowl with water, and chopped my onion and garlic. Then when I got home all I had to do was throw it all in a pan with curry, salt and pepper, give it a quick saute and simmer with coconut milk while the rice cooked. Rice of course is not on the potato diet and I was originally planning on having it alone but I seriously had the day from Hell at work. Like I cried for no specific reason other than general misery, and had to argue with myself all night to be rational and not storm out in a blaze of middle fingers. So I cheated and had my curry with some rice.
I was so happy I had the hard part done when I got home. Otherwise there is no way I would have made this. I might have even been too pissed to have anything. Instead I made the curry, and the stirring and smelling and tasting soothed me. I've learned from last night and last week when I batch cooked lentils that meal planning might not be for me, but meal prepping might be. That way I can use the prepped food however I want. Look at me getting all organized and stuff!
I should have wedged myself in the middle of these two on the magical sweater and stayed home yesterday!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the bad day at work! Your bowls have looked awesome, tho! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potatoes on top of potatoes sounds like heaven. And there's noting potatoes and rice won't fix! Also nothing cats and sweaters won't fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The potatoes and rice did make my day better! And cats definitely make the worst day great!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you had such a bad day; it sounds like the meal prep came in super handy, though, and of course your food looks delicious as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came in so handy. I just ha to throw everything in a pan. If I would have had to chop everything I would never have made that dish!

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I'm so sorry you had such a bad day at work. I definitely agree with Julie, the meal prep definitely came in handy. The potatchos are genius and look absolutely delicious and you know I love your kitty pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's just been one of those weeks. I am on the struggle bus for sure. The meal prep came in handy so much. I definitely see the benefits and plan to do more.
      The potatchos were so good. I am making more potato queso just so I can have them again!

      Delete
  5. Sorry you had such a shitty day at work. :( I hope it has been better.

    ReplyDelete