Thursday, April 26, 2018

Foods Have Been Eaten

I found a huge watermelon on sale for three pounds for a dollar and just ha to get one. I know you're taking a risk buying watermelon out of season, but I had one about a month ago and it was decent. Plus if it's mealy or not that great I'll just turn it into juice  I also have avocado, mango and more of the feijoa fruit. The only time I like clutter is when it's fruit!
I also got some of these delicious golden berries! Someone who works in produce let me try one and man are they amazing! They have the crisp texture of a grape, and they are tart and sweet. They have a citrus, kiwi pear flavor. I love discovering new to me fruits!
Tuesday before work I made a quick marinade for tofu. I just mixed tamari, maple syrup and crushed red pepper with minced lemongrass. When I got home from work I just baked it in the same dish it was marinating in. Couldn't be easier. I was dreaming about this tofu all night at work and it did not disappoint. Right before baking I stirred in a little Sambal Olek to make it extra spicy. It was salty, a little sweet, spicy and a little citrus-y thanks to the lemongrass.
I had some leftover coconut milk from my coconut rice so I used it in a batch of kitchari. I added a little curry powder and cumin along with red lentils, rice and one potato. Delicious as always. I enjoy
sriracha and green dragon sauce on top!
This was my snack at work the other night. The Lantana hummus is seriously AMAZING! Every single flavor is my favorite until the next flavor. The snappea crisps are surprisingly delicious in hummus. Isn't it just so beige and bland and corporate in the background? Blech it's like they want us to be depressed!
Here is a simple lunch I had one day last week. This was close to grocery day so it was a use what you have and that day I had brown rice, half an avocado and some seaweed snacks. This was really tasty and easy.

I found these truffle fries at Sprouts and they were on sale, so how could I resist? I had some for dinner last night and it felt fitting to dip them in Just Mayo.The fries are thin and while they are delicious I didn't get a strong flavor of truffle. It was there, just very, very mild. I will say when they are dipped in the mayo it somehow intensifies the flavor.
The birds are still driving Kanye crazy! She spends hours every morning stalking and chirping to the birds!





10 comments:

  1. Kanye is so cute standing up like that! Her little britches!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I always have to pinch her little bum when she does that cause it's sooo cute!

      Delete
  2. Yum! What delicious meals! The golden berries sound really delicious, you provided such a great description! I hope the watermelon is good, that would be such a great find if it is! And I'd be a little jealous because I've been craving watermelon like crazy :) Sweet Kanye! What a cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to cut into the watermelon today or tomorrow! I really did score a great deal!
      I had never even heard of golden berries. They're so good!

      Delete
  3. I think you should call the rice, avocado and seaweed a "deconstructed vegan sushi" lunch, rather than "use what you have." Makes it sound more gourmet and delicious as it looks.

    BTW - is that Lantana hummus a regional thing? I live in the North East and I've never seen it. I've only heard of it because you've mentioned it a few times. I really want to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go to Lantana's website and type in your zip they'll see if any stores near you have it. It looks like it is available in the North East. I hope you can find it it's soooo good!

      Delete
  4. The golden berries sound lovely. I've only ever come across them dried, would love to try them fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of them. I don't think I've ever even seen them dried. I hope you can find them fresh, they're really tasty!

      Delete
  5. I totally was suckered into a baby watermelon sale! It was just too tempting! The melon itself was ok, not especially sweet. I chopped it an made a little salad thing with cilantro, scallions, cucumber and a a sprinkle of kosher salt- really tasty!
    Your simple lunch is appealing to me :)) i buy those seaweed snacks and then crumple them onto whatever i’m eating, they’re great with rice!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That salad sounds delicious. The old me would have said no to watermelon in a savory way, but after having the mango salsa I look at things differently!
      The seaweed snacks are great with rice!

      Delete