Sunday, April 15, 2018

All Good Things

I've been feeling really good with all the smoothies and juices I've been drinking so yesterday I went to Smith's and Trader Joe's to get a few extras to tide me over. My days off are switching so I probably won't do my shopping on Tuesday anymore. I was prepared for battle going to Trader Joe's on a Saturday but oddly it was less busy than it's been on Tuesday afternoons!
Although I didn't purchase these because gluten and budget, I was happy to finally see these back on the shelf. I know they've been back for awhile but they were slow to come back to SLC.
I remember seeing the original flavored powdered coconut creamer awhile ago and I took a picture and never posted it. I thought it was a great sign that a mainstream grocery store like Smith's would have this. And now just a few months later there are two flavors! Obviously the original is popular enough to warrant a second flavor!
This is my little mini haul from both Trader Joe's and Smith's. Mostly produce for juices and smoothies. Smith's had pineapple's on sale for seventy seven cents each! Pineapple kale juice here I come!
I remember seeing this Simple Truth vegan ice cream last summer at Smith's and I never tried it. Simple Truth is Kroger's/Fred Meyer and Smith's organic line. I remember I used to love Simple Truth's vegan burgers and breakfast patties. And their chickenless nuggets are great too. They got me at caramel. I am a sucker for vegan caramel anything. Luckily for me this line of vegan ice cream is one of the cheapest at $3.49 or $3.69 a pint! I tried a bite when I got home and it was amazing. It looks like they were generous with the caramel so I look forward to having more than a bite tonight!
Every time I catch Joan and Roxy cuddling it melts my heart. These two are more independent and don't often cuddle. I always wonder who initiated it!





2 comments:

  1. I just wish Trader Joe’s would bring back the regular plain refridgerated chickenless strips...! I have had the mandarin orange but it’s kinda not my thing, I didn’t grow up eating that and fruity/savory combos aren’t my favorite. The powdered coconut milk creamer is awesome! There are so many products that just never come to nyc stores because they have such limited shelf space so i’m always jealous of what we don’t have.
    That ice cream sounds crazy amazing!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little cuddle bugs!
    That is super cool that that new ice cream is relatively cheap! Having just spend AU$26 on two pints of ice cream (they were my favourite and I have a sore throat and ulcers so I needed them for medicine!), I can definitely appreciate an ice cream score!

    ReplyDelete