Friday, April 6, 2018

Falling Off a Little

I somewhat recently discovered this channel on YouTube called The Viet Vegan. Here it is. She makes really great recipes and also does a lot of What I Ate which along with grocery hauls are two of my favorite types of videos. She's very relaxed about food. One day she'll have green smoothies and salads, and another day her meals are all beige. I find that relateable. She has a great personality and I just really enjoy her channel. The other day she posted a recipe video for red lentil patties with spicy sriracha sauce. I developed such a craving for these patties that I had to make them even though I'm on potato island. If you don't have time to watch the video, here is her blog post with the recipe. The patties are gluten free and oil free and seriously AHMAZING! These would be really great on a salad or stuffed into a wrap or pita with lots of veggies! I've had these patties hot out of the oven, room temperature and cold and they are delicious at all three temps!
               
Perfection!

They were super easy to make, and taste really amazing. It's also an inexpensive recipe which I really appreciate. They have a nice outer crust and are nice and soft in the middle.
This was my dinner last night. I had some patties with the tahini sauce and of course potatoes which I dipped in Just Mayo and Carolina Gold BBQ sauce.
I know the patties are not potatoes and I planned on eating potatoes only for two weeks, but I just had to have them as soon as I saw the video. And I refuse to feel guilty for eating something so healthy.
I've always used red lentils for curries and soups but now I see they're even more versatile!





6 comments:

  1. YUM! That meal of patties and potatoes looks amazing to me! You def shouldn't feel guilty! That's healthy AF and your body totally wanted those! Also Just Mayo/BBQ sauce combo sounds like the perfect dip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My body wanted those patties so bad! And they are healthy!
      I really recommend Carolina gold BBQ an Just Mayo for fries. Delicious!

      Delete
  2. Those patties look so delicious! I love What I Eat In A Day videos too. I watch them all the time and love the ones that balance healthy and junk. Your potato wedges are perfect as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I Eat and Haul videos are my favorites! I like the balance of junk and healthy too because it's relateable. And also I don't like to feel bad when watching YouTube!

      Delete
  3. Those patties sound fantastic! And yeah of course you had to make them, i bet they’re great as a make ahead meal prep item too. As usual your fries are magnificent.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what people eat in a day as well.
    Definitely no guilt! You listened to what you needed on that day, and sounds like it was well worth listening to!

    ReplyDelete