Monday, April 23, 2018

Homemade is Best

I made some delicious oven fries for lunch before work. I seasoned them with seasoned salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder. I was out of sriracha just mayo so I did the wildest thing. I mixed some sriracha with a little plain just mayo and it totally worked!
 I was feeling lazy when I got home from work. I also have been craving peanut sauce and I'm out of peanut butter so I decided to try these almost instant noodles. I think these are meant to be nuked to be super easy, but I just cooked them on the stove top. I have to say I'm not a super fan, and I wish I would have just gotten peanut butter and made my own sauce. The sauce is oddly sweet which I found very offsetting. I ha to add some tamari and sriracha to balance it out. Having to add the tamari is unfortunate because the sodium is already pretty dang high. Super disappointing. Edible but not preferable is how I feel about these noodles. They also have a pad Thai version which I think I've tried and was underwhelmed.
A brand new yoga mat randomly showed up in the break room at work the other night. It was sitting on top of the soda machine so I asked one of the managers about it. He told me I could have it since I do yoga.  My carpet is a little slippy when I do yoga so I really appreciate this! As you can see Afro appreciates it as well! I compromised and was half on half off the mat!




7 comments:

  1. Great cat yoga photo but was that Afro or was it Brutus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those noodles for camping (I boil them on my little campstove) or for a quick work lunch, but they're nowhere near as good as homemade. Yay for a new yoga mat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, quick thinking on the mayo + siracha ;) your fries are always admirable. Whenever I’m craving peanut butter sauce only my own creation will do, seems like any premade bottles or whatever are too sweet or gooey or not peanut buttery enough.
    The yoga mat is exciting!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww too bad about the peanut noodles, especially because you were craving them. I guess they'd be good in a pinch but disappointing if you wanted some good peanut noodles. Hooray for the yoga mat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice score on the yoga mat!
    I normally have a quick ready-meal or two on hand just in case of emergency, but they are never as good as homemade. I find a lot of pre-made this are too spicy (for my delicate self) or sweet or salty. Handy as back ups, but never a preference.

    ReplyDelete