Sunday, April 29, 2018

Another Saturday Haul

So remember last week when I went to Trader Joe's on a Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds? Well, silly me thought this Saturday might be the same. Boy was I wrong! The nice warm weather apparently made all of SLC decide to shop at Trader Joe's! I also keep seeing regulars from where I work at Trader Joe's and I have to bob and weave up and down the aisles because I don't want to chat and exchange pleasantries. I pretty much got all the regular stuff with a few new to me things.
fruit frenzy bars,frozen strawberries and raspberries,coconut milk,cauliflower gnocchi, carrots, cold brew coffee,garlic,protein cookie,bananas,potatoes,onions,tofu,seaweed snacks,spinach,chia seeds,lemons, avocado, mango black tea
I got this to have while waiting for the bus home. It's like a soda and fizzy water combined. Not as sweet as soda but sweeter than a La Croix. They also have a lemon elderberry flavor.
I've been reading mixed reviews of the cauliflower gnocchi on the Gram and when I saw it in the freezer section I just felt like I had to try it! I'm kind of terrified to try them because unless it's cauliflower wings or cauliflower Alfredo I don't want it. I'm going to have make some lentils and have them with lentils an marinara tonight. Fingers crossed!
I also decided to finally try this tea. I'm trying to not get too much in the habit of having coffee because I worked so hard to break that habit, but some days green tea is not enough.
My cashier actually gave me maybe the best compliment someone could give a gal like me! She couldn't believe how much stuff I got for fifty dollars. She said if she gets like five things she spends fifty dollars even with her discount! I'm super proud of my budgeting ways!




10 comments:

  1. Wish we got more of the vegan frozen items in my area.Nice.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Where are you? Maybe someday??

      Delete
    2. I'm in a rural part of Virginia.If you go into the cities they have stuff but not in more rural parts.

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry. Must be kind of a pain!

      Delete
  2. Please post what you think of the gnocchi, i knew they were gf but didn’t realize they’re vegan! I don’t blame you for avoiding people you don’t really know much less want to make small talk with on a day off- i would too :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted my thoughts but I'll tell you here, I loved them! Some people complained of a gumminess or that they stick to the roof of their mouth but I didn't have that problem at all. I loved them!

      Delete
  3. I work on the other side of town from where I live, so in my neighbourhood I rarely run into any clients from work. But a couple of times when I have gone to grocery shops near work I run into people, and I also try and avoid. I hate awkward pleasantries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can barely tolerate the small talk I have to do while at work, let alone when I'm not at work. They're the worst, I'm gla I'm not alone!

      Delete
  4. Saw how you liked the gnocchi on instagram. Have you tried their cauliflower pizza crust? Or is that not vegan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the cauliflower crust is vegan. I remember almost getting it. The reviews on that are very mixed too. But now that I've tried the gnocchi I might be braver about trying it!

      Delete