Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Prepping for the Week

Usually Tuesday is my Friday but because my schedule is changing today is my Monday. I also woke up to a light dusting of snow. It's safe to say I have the Monday blues. Luckily for me I spent some quality time in the kitchen yesterday. Kitchen time always makes me happy, and I now have some lentils and red lentil patties for work and after work meals.
I made red lentil patties and dipping sauce for work, baked some tofu, made rice to cool and prepped veggies for a curry fried rice recipe (see my notebook!) and also cooked some green lentils to add to pasta after work. All while watching/listening to The Young Turks. Absolute heaven!
Here is the fried rice. I wrote down the recipe and while it was really tasty I feel like it needs a little something extra. I'm thinking lemongrass or maybe just a squeeze of lime? I'll tinker with it. Fried rice is another easy meal I could prep for. Once everything is chopped and diced it comes together in minutes. This was full of  edamame, cilantro and green onion with crushed red pepper and curry powder to spice it up.
The girls are bummed just like me that it's cold again. Even though Joan loves laying on the heat vent, she really loves sniffing the air an talking to the birds and squirrels!



5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your prepped foods photo! Reminds me of those "aspirational" vegan lifestyle blogs with all the gorgeous photos. Tres chic.

    Of course, your spiral-bound notebook and ballpoint bring it down to earth a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for meal prep! I always love getting some prep work done on Sunday nights so I've got my shit together for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great assortment of meal prep! You will be so greatful to your foreard thinking self for doing this :))
    When cooking and something isn’t right i check the fat/salt/acid. Those are the main categories that carry flavor, for me a splash of red wine vinegar or some lemon juice and a little soy sauce for salt/umami usually fixes about anything from sauteed veggies to chunky bean stews and salad dressings!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! Meal prep is such a lifesaver and it can be so relaxing to get everything done while watching or listening to something good. It looks like you are set to have some great meals throughout the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were able to have a nice time prepping and enjoying listening to some good stuff... I know not of the Young Turks.
    Seems like winter there is lasting forever? Possibly much like the warm weather here. It is time to switch!

    ReplyDelete