Saturday, December 23, 2017

Some Stuff I Ate and Cats!

I had this delicious cherries and berries smoothie the other day. I had run out of spinach so this was just bananas, frozen cherries, strawberries and blueberries and peanut butter. This really tasted like a milkshake! I swear between Epsom salt baths, frozen cherries and turmeric I'm managing to handle my extreme back pain pretty well!
This is such a terrible picture of a really delicious pizza I made the other night on a day off. I mentioned that a neighbor gifted me with a bag of gluten free bread flour so I decided to try using it to make a pizza. I just added water and some yeast to the flour and let it rise for about an hour and then rolled it out. It turned out pretty well. I topped it with marinara, lentils, red onion, garlic, green olives, nooch, fennel seed, crushed red pepper, vegan shreds and homemade almond cheese. It was kind of a cross between ricotta and feta. This was really tasty and it felt nice to make my own crust again.
Last night at work I noticed a few of these Tasty Bite spinach dal packets on clearance at work. They were marked down to a dollar each!!! We sell Tasty Bite at work, but not the spinach dal. It was thrown in the truck on accident so it was just easier to mark it down and get it out of there. I've learned that's what groceries do when they get random things they don't carry. Just mark it way down and try to get rid of it. So if you happen in at the right time you can get very lucky! The dal was pretty good. It's very mild, not spicy at all and it's a really nice super quick meal that doesn't have a lot of scary ingredients. I have two more packets that will definitely come in handy for those too tired to cook nights.
The squirrels and birds are at it again, plus it's the weekend so there are lots of humans taking their dogs to the park. Lots of activity. I think it's so cute how Joan is standing and looking out of the window!
Happy Caturday!




3 comments:

  1. Cute kitties!
    That pizza sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cold but that smoothie looks delicious! The pizza also looks really good and definitely comforting. Yum! Love the kitty pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasty Bite! So convenient, aren't they? And tasty! SCORE on the discount price, too!

    ReplyDelete