Thursday, December 14, 2017

Just Another Vegan Haul

I made my weekly trek to Trader Joe's and Natural Grocers the other day and forgot to show my haul.Natural Grocers had a few new items which is always exciting!
They have the tofurky ham! I haven't seen this anywhere near me, even Whole Foods! Way to go Natural Grocers! I didn't buy it because I was watching my budget, and also gluten. But I am seriously considering a cheat day because I really want to try it. I love the original tofurky roast. Whether I try it or not I'm super happy to see it becoming more available.
The other exciting new thing I saw at Natural Grocers was Butler Soy Curls! These I did buy. I've only seen these at the vegan grocery store in Seattle and online. I'm super excited to use these again. I tried them once and I remember that I really liked them. I finally have today and tomorrow off so I will be experimenting with soy curls for sure!
potatoes,lemons,bananas,red lentils,sweet onion,tofu,coconut creamer,veggie gyoza,frozen strawberries,slivered raw almonds,sriracha sauce,peanut butter,tofu, coconut milk
I couldn't resist the gyoza even though they have gluten. I haven't had a potsticker since going gluten free and I just had to get them. Honestly this is one of my more basic hauls. I didn't even bother to make a list because it's so hectic at Trader Joe's I just go in and hope for the best. I have my staples like lemon and spinach that I just automatically grab, and wing the rest.
I also found this gochujang sauce on a woohoo sale at Smiths! Such a score. Lately when I have miso soup I add a little gochujang to the broth before mixing in the miso. It makes it a little spicy and really tasty.
And here is Joan and her newest obsession. She loves to stare at her reflection, and then go to town scratching at herself. It's pretty hilarious. She does the same thing in the bathroom mirror. No mater how often I clean the mirror, there are always little paw prints all over it!





11 comments:

  1. Great haul! Soooooo funny and cute about Joan, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Joan really is too cute, and she knows it!

      Delete
  2. You found some nice goodies! I love finding things on sale or clearance that I wouldn't normally be able to fit in my budget. Joan is so darn cute. Thanks for the update on your puppy too. You are such a good person. I wish everyone would think more of their animals. I have some extra dog treat/chewie things that I was going to donate to the shelter here, my dog is older and has problems chewing them. I can send them to you if you want me to? just email me and let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding the clearance deals for the same reason! Especially at a pricier store like Natural Grocers!
      I will definitely Email you!

      Delete
  3. That guochujang sauce company "bibigo" has a lot of products at the H mart i shop at- i have been totally obsessed with korean food this year- but i can't handle the spicy stuff you can! If you ever want to lose a few hours of your life check out maangchi, be warned it's certainly not vegan or vegetarian but she has a lot of dishes that are easy to adapt and some great very simple banchan and rice dishes i think you would love.
    https://www.maangchi.com/recipes
    I totally sympathize with the TJs crazy, your shopping strategy actually sounds much less stressful than hide and seek with a grocery list!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really love spicy food. Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out. I am just learning about Korean food, and I love all that I've tried so far. I used to live near a Korean restaurant in Seattle and I regret not trying it then!
      It actually is easier to rush in and grab whatever i can and hope for the best than trying to fight my way to get what's on a list.

      Delete
  4. Nice about the Butler soy curls; I haven't seen them in stores anywhere around here, but I've really enjoyed them when I've ordered them online! Joan is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to see them at natural grocers! I've never ordered them online, but i always mean to. I know I'l use them a lot more now that I can just pick them up!

      Delete
  5. Oooh what great finds and a fun haul! Finding great deals is seriously the best. I can't wait to hear how the soy curls are. I've never tried them! Joan is too cute! If I were as adorable as her I'd probably stare at my reflection too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soy curls are amazing! I tried them once in Seattle when I went to the vegan grocery store and i remember I really liked them, but honestly I kind of forgot about them because they were only available online.
      If you ever see them anywhere, you should totally try them!
      I would stare at myself too!

      Delete
  6. Transfixed by her own beauty?
    I am hoping that the Tofurky ham roast makes its way down here eventually. There are some problems with the company that brings Tofurky into Austarlia, so I am hoping they sore them out or get a new importer pronto!

    ReplyDelete