Sunday, December 3, 2017

One of Those Days

One of the guys in the grocery department had coupons for free boxes of these goodpop treats. He asked me if I liked "crap like this" (Lol) and of course I said YES!! They have mango, watermelon, and these orange n cream bars. Vegan dreamsicles????  You guys these are so so good! And the ingredients are super simple. Coconut cream, orange juice, cane sugar and vanilla. Also guar gum which is a thickener. I never thought I would have a dreamsickle again! The vanilla ice cream inside is creamy and super vanilla-y and the orange popsicle is nice and orange-y and doesn't fall apart when you bite it. I will definitely buy these after trying them. What a time to be vegan!
This was my dinner last night. Baked tofu, avocado and rice with a super quick peanut sauce. I love this meal. Everything just goes so well together! It could have used a little more green, even if it were just cilantro or green onion, but I am out of both things. Otherwise this is a perfect meal. And it's super easy and cheap. I needed easy last night. I really had a hard day. I just had one of those days where it was really hard to blow off people's rudeness. Like a day where you want to put on your coat, walk out the door dramatically throw your middle finger in the air and walk away. The urge was strong but I resisted and just took all the rudeness. Luckily for coming home and having a hot Epsom salt bath, this meal and the last two episodes ever of The Mindy Project made me feel human again. And of course a dreamsicle for dessert!



10 comments:

  1. Vegan cremesicle?!??? For free??? That's awesome! Interacting with so many people every day must be a challenge, especially this time of year when everyone seems to be a bit stressed out. Dinner looks like a great comfort food kind of meal, peanut buttery sauce makes everything better !
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very stressful.And there are just some days where its really hard to shake it off. But peanut sauce definitely made things better!

      Delete
  2. I would jump on those for free, too! Nice! And that bowl looks great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great getting to try them for free!! Now I definitely know that they're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, sorry you had a bad day! Those days are the worst. But popsicle (especially dreamsicles!!) make everything better! I need to find those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The dreamcicles made it so much better! And the fact that I got to try them for free makes it even better!

      Delete
  5. Free things are the best! Especially when you like them. :)
    Sorry about the bad day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best! I will definitely buy them, they're worth it for sure!

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry that you had a bad day but vegan creamsicles?! Those totally can turn a crappy day around and that bowl looks pretty damn incredible as well. I always forget about peanut sauce, I bet it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dreamsicles are so amazing! I really can't believe they exist to be honest!
      Peanut sauce is so good. I forget about it too, but it's so easy to make and it makes a simple dinner bowl so much tastier!

      Delete