Friday, December 15, 2017

Curry and Cats!

I found this curry powder somewhere for a really great price.  I decided to try it out by making a red lentil and soy curl curry. It's pretty good. I was kind of surprised to see that it wasn't as yellow as other curry powders, and it also wasn't as hot as I expected. As you can see I still added sriracha to the finished dish! But it's still a tasty curry powder.
Although I did write down the recipe, I feel kind of silly posting it because it's so simple! I will say that I really enjoyed working with the soy curls, and I will be buying them again once I've run out. I soaked them first, then drained them and sauteed them with the onion and garlic. I was able to get some nice brown spots and crisp up the outside a little. And they smelled amazing! I can't wait to try these a million different ways! I hope Butler Foods starts distributing these to more grocery stores. I feel like they don't get as much love as other meat alternatives and they deserve love too. Hopefully Natural Grocers starts a trend!
I puttered around yesterday doing laundry, cleaning and cooking. I laid out some clean comfy clothes to put on after my detox bath, and this is what happened! My little princesses!



3 comments:

  1. Oooh that looks so good! I'm intrigued by soy curls now, I should definitely give them a try. There's nothing better than a fur baby pile ;) So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soy curls. You cannot get them here, but I have a special stash in my freezer thanks to either bringing them back, or people sending them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sauce sounds and looks interesting, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete