Thursday, December 28, 2017

Getting Sauced

I was putting something away last night at work and I randomly spied this delicious sounding sauce. I ha a few bucks left from my "holiday bonus" so I decided to try it. I had some tofu being pressed by a can of chickpeas at home so the timing was perfect.
When I got home I sliced my tofu and put it in a baking dish and covered it with this sauce. I stuck it in the oven while I cooked some Basmati rice. The sauce is probably best used as more of a stir fry sauce, but I didn't want to be making a racket at twelve thirty at night. The oven is quieter and easier. I tasted a little while pouring over the tofu an really liked it. It has that tartness from the tamarind and a nice citrus kick.
Here is the final dish. With a little green onion an a whole lot of sriracha sauce. I would definitely buy this again. It's tangy and thick and citrus-y and the heat from the sriracha made it so much better. Next time I use it I will add crushed red pepper to the tofu while cooking. It didn't taste like it came from a jar at all.
When Joan is sleeping she is super easy to photograph. She'll even pose a lot of the time! But when she is up and moving she's constantly on the go. So this is a somewhat fuzzy but super wide eyed picture of Joan on the move! There are squirrels and birds to watch!



10 comments:

  1. Awww, look at Joan's sweet face! Love this picture of her. She's so cute. Mine have been picture perfect the last few days. So chilly here and they are so ready to snuggle and get in the way of everything but I love it, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too. There is always someone tripping me when I walk, or just being in the way but I can't imagine any other way.

      Delete
    2. Oh me too! Love my babies. My fat cat Snowy took up most of my bed last night, I finally moved him over so I could sleep better then my doggie needed out about five am. But I love my babies and can't live without them. How's your dog?

      Delete
  2. Funny fuzzy Joan!
    That sauce sounds so great, I really love tamarind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce is really good. I love tamarind too!

      Delete
  3. That sauce sounds great! You find the neatest sauces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meal looks great, and that sounds like a fun sauce! Sweet Joan! Cringer is the same way with photos; unless she's sleeping, I rarely get good ones of her, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find! I love when that happens! A tasty sauce can take otherwise kinda boring ingredients into a tasty meal like you did here.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete