Sunday, December 31, 2017

Random Sunday

This may not look like much but it sure tasted great. I baked a couple of smallish russet potatoes while I did yoga, and then cut them open, stuffed them with leftover lentil soup and nooch and popped them back in the oven until the soup was warm. I topped the whole mess with a dollop of red pepper hummus and green dragon sauce. This kept me nice and full for most of my shift at work.
For dinner I kept it simple again with black beans and rice topped with guacamole and salsa. It's actually called guacasalsa an it's made by the produce department at my job. It's just guac on the bottom and salsa on top. This meal was simple and really hit the spot.
Speaking of the produce department, a coworker who works in produce told me that they are hiring in produce and I'm going to talk to the produce manager and see if I can apply or whatever hoops corporate makes you jump through to work in a different department of the same store. Wish me luck. I feel like who better to work in produce but a vegan?? I mean it seems like a perfect fit. I know I'll still have to deal with customers to a certain extent, but it won't be constant like cashiering. And I don't have to touch meat, or listen to them complain about everything in the store that has zero to do with me. Like I'm becoming a people hater an I don't want to become bitter. On my days off I don't want to even talk to another human, and I don't even enjoy grocery shopping anymore. And grocery shopping use to be one of my favorite things to do. Keep your fingers crossed for me an I'll keep you posted.
This woman comes in every night to buy a single large beer to take with her pain pill(?!!?) which she swears works better with the beer. There is of course no reason for me to have this intel but these are the personal things people tell you when you ring them up. Anyway she has this adorable dog that rides around in a backpack. She said he pulls the strings of the backpack like come on, I'm ready. I asked her if she takes him on actual walks and she swears that he gets three walks a day plus his backpack adventures. He's so cute he has these huge eyes and he just intently watches everything while she shops.
Yesterday I did laundry and put my clean jeans on my chair while I showered. Big mistake, BIG! Afro decided that the nice warm jeans were perfect for napping! And as a bonus maybe mom won't go to work? If only it were that easy, I would have loved to have stayed home with my girls!



8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the work stuff, will have my fingers crossed for you and happy new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your potato-lentil-hummus meal sounds fantastic! Fingers crossed they let you switch to produce! Cute pup, and Afro seems so pleased with finding the best napping spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be surprised if the dog gets walked often, otherwise he might have too much energy to stay in the backpack? I find the walking every night to get a single beer weird! Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a six pack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet people tell you the strangest things! I try to stick to small talk, like “how’s your day going” or “looks like it has been pretty busy for you!”. I never reveal anything, but the TJ’s cashiers always ask “what are you up to this weekend?” and I always wonder why they ask. Ha! I hope you are able to switch to produce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Sorry, I can't come to work today, my cat is on my pants.' ;)
    Good luck with switching to the produce department! I will keep fingers crossed with you.
    I have clients tell me so many weird personal things. Sometimes I just want to scream 'Why are you telling me this? I am not your therapist!'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about having to deal with ppl who push your buttons. It DOES make us NOT want to deal with ppl at all at times. OYE! My fingers and TOES are crossed for you! I hope you are able to work in produce that would be awesome! That dog is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guacasalsa sounds really awesome to me...! I'm sending you good vibes, hopefully you can transfer! I wonder if you would be able to get a discount on less than perfect produce....? Hope it works out you get both!
    And yeah, alcohol and pain pills are not supposed to be taken together!! Yikes! I did that once and after a half glass of wine i felt totally drunk, so it's a good thing she just gets one beer i guess...? The doggie is super cute!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be wonderful if you could transfer into produce! I really hope that you'll be able to make that change, I'm sure it will help the days go by with a little less stress. I hear a lot of interesting things at work too. Wedding planning is very stressful it seems and I hear a lot of interesting stories (everything thinks their family is the craziest!). Super cute pup and love sweet Afro!

    ReplyDelete