Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Dog Walked In A Grocery Store

So here I am last night at work,having another typical Tuesday night. Then all of a sudden in the door wanders two lost dogs. One ran towards the back of the store, the other unfortunately ran back outside before we could get him. I finally wrangled this little girl and we got a makeshift leash on her so she wouldn't run away. We also gave her some food when in a which she scarfed up like she hadn't eaten in a week. No one knew what to do, and since the store I work in is smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood, I was asking people if she looked familiar. As it was getting close to the end of the night, one of the managers was asking if we were going to call animal control. That's when I made the decision she would come home with me. She was so scared, I was not going to make her get taken away in some truck and out in a cage with other scared animals. I mean, I have an extra room and a heart so of course it's the right choice? Although my cats STRONGLY disagree. I have five angry felines on my hands but They have to accept that this is who their mom is. I'm going to call animal control and see if their human is looking for her. She doesn't have tags, but she could be chipped so that is an option too. I haven't thought what my long term plan is if I don't locate her human. I just knew she wasn't going to the freaking pound. So wish me luck as I go on this new adventure!
After getting everyone settled in and fed last night I needed something simple myself. So I made some yellow rice and had it with a black bean and corn salad, half an avocado, and lots of green dragon sauce. This was eaten at around one thirty in the morning!!!
Here is Joan, the queen of multi-tasking. She is playing and squirrel watching all at the same time! Such a talented girl!!

11 comments:

  1. Awwww, you did the right thing! That's awesome. I hope she's relocated with her person. So glad you saved her from the scary animal control situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I find her human too. And I am so glad I could help her!

      Delete
  2. Glad you were on duty last night and was able to take her home with you! I hope you find her humans...if not I'm curious how things play out! I'll be thinking about ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute pup; hopefully she's chipped and her people are looking for her. Glad to hear you are taking care of her in the meantime, and fingers crossed everything works out well!
    Your meal looks great, and Joan is cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she's chipped as well. She's very, very sweet.

      Delete
  4. Oh bless you, Hil. She's the cutest little thing. How big is she?

    Did she sleep last night? Was she restless in there or did you get the sense she settled down? I'll bet all your girls were at that door sniffing at the crack at the bottom. I know that's what mine do whenever a new animal comes in.

    Good luck in finding her people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's maybe twenty pounds? She's definitely not very big. She is so cute and very sweet! She did sleep through the night. I think she feels safe but she definitely doesn't like to be left alone. Yes, my cats have been sniffing at the door, and occasionally sticking their paw under the door!

      Delete
  5. Oh BTW - if you can't find her folks, you might want to contact Best Friends in SLC and see if they can take her or, if you're willing to foster her, they might be able to funnel potential adopters your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely thinking foster if I can't find her humans. Or if they all get along knowing me I would keep her. But if anything changed they are who I would contact.

      Delete
  6. I am glad she is safe with you and not at the pound!

    ReplyDelete