Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Plants Not Pills

Yesterday my back hurt so much that I was nauseated for most of the day. I only had this smoothie and a juice until my night time meal. This smoothie had lots of cherries, spinach,banana,maca powder, peanut butter and a handful of walnuts for those Omegas. It was really delicious.
I also found a yoga video for lower back pain, although I had to modify some of it for fear I wouldn't be able to get out of some of the postures. I've never experienced that before. There were times I didn't know if I would be able to get up yesterday. I feel better today, but I see that I need to try and make sure I'm eating anti inflammatory foods daily if I want to avoid taking a million Tylenol a day.
After soaking in a super hot ginger and Epsom salt bath I finally had an appetite so I made a super basic peanut sauce and stirred it with some gluten free spaghetti and scallions. I had some baked tofu on the side. Why is peanut sauce so good!?

Even though Afro likes to pick on Etta, especially when Afro turns into Brutus, they still really love each other and they fell asleep holding paws after they were done slapping each other! Sisters!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS IN MY LAST COMMENT...

    Reminds me of me and my sister. We're besties for sure but only after we're done slapping each other.

    Those noodles with peanut sauce look scrumptious. I think it's the pops of green (scallions) and red (hot sauce).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely Afro and Etta!
      The noodles were very scrumptious. I didn't even realize the scallions and sriracha made the dish very festive!

      Delete
  3. Your spaghetti with peanut sauce and tofu looks great! Etta and Afro holding paws in their sleep is way too cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good. I always forget how much I love peanut sauce!
      They are definitely way too cute!

      Delete
  4. The paw holding is so cute!
    Peanut sauce is always excellent. Peanut butter is life.
    I hope your back feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been dealing with various pain issues again, too! I have been doing more and more research on foods that might help and I hope to post more about them very soon!

    ReplyDelete