Monday, October 16, 2017

Tasty Vegan Foodz

I had a pretty great food day yesterday even though I had to work. For breakfast/lunch I turned some leftover rice into curry fried rice with green onion and edamame. I served it with half of a perfectly ripe avocado, Dr. Praeger's Bombay burgers and lots of sriracha. This was such a delicious combo. It really made me feel satisfied before going to work.
Yesterday morning I also prepped an enchilada casserole so that when I came home from work all I had to do is pop it in the oven. It felt really good to take the time to do that for myself so that when I came home I didn't have to cook, but I also didn't have to grab something quick and easy.
Here it is before being baked. It's just corn tortillas layered with lentils, green chilis, green onions, nooch,vegan shreds and homemade enchilada sauce. I was going to write down the recipe, but I was out of chili powder which threw me off so I had to kind of turn into a mad scientist so I forgot to write down anything. I still managed to make a tasty enchilada sauce with cumin, smoked paprika and a few other random spices.

It came out messier than expected and also my kitchen lighting doesn't help but trust me it was delicious and was such a comforting meal after a long and brutal night at work. And of course I have leftovers for today!!




11 comments:

  1. WOW! Nice, Hearty EATS! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you were able to have such a filling meal before work! Your enchilada casserole sounds like an amazing dinner, and hooray for having leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love when the leftovers taste even better than the original meal!

      Delete
  3. Oh! 2 posts today from me LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leftovers are the best when you have to work late... in your case, very late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a lifesaver!! I really loved myself for this one!

      Delete
  5. That looks like a fantastic food day! Very resourceful for that casserole- i totally love those kind of dishes since i get a few more tasty meals from just cooking once :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really great food day. I need to make curry fried rice again, it was really tasty. And the casserole was so delicious to have for leftovers! I had it for lunch and dinner!

      Delete
  6. That enchiladas casserole looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo good! It's one of my favorite easy meals. All the flavors of enchiladas without the mess!

      Delete