Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Lazy Vegan Meals and Kitty Belly!

Last night's after work meal was another beige one. Tater tots and tofu nuggets dipped in ketchup and A-1 sauce. Another lazy meal. But oh so good! The Whole Foods brand tater tots are really good I have to say. They seem a little less greasy, but just as crispy. And they're about the same price as any other tater tot brand. The tots and the cashew yogurt are definitely worth a trip to Whole Foods!
Awhile ago I was reading Bianca's blog Vegan Crunk and she made Ramen in a sweet potato broth and it has been on my mind ever since. So yesterday morning I made a sweet potato red lentil curry soup and had it with some rice noodles and baked tofu for breakfast/lunch. Topped with gobs of sriracha of course!
Endangered Species chocolate bars were on sale at Smith's for $1.50 so I decided to try the forest mint. I don't know why on earth it's taken me so long to try this flavor! It's so good! The mint flavor is perfect, not too strong and not too mild. This leaps to the top of my favorite flavors from this brand.
And here is Joan feeling super happy that she beat her sister to the vent. Although Joan loves all the vents, the bathroom vent seems to be the favorite!
And here is a bonus belly shot of Joan's adorable cinnamon belly. She doesn't cuddle very often, but when she does, she gives it her all!




7 comments:

  1. Lazy Vegan Meals are AWESOME! Everything looks nummers! And LOVE the kitteh's! Awwwwws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT BELLY!!! Also, I must try those Whole Foods tots! Also, yay on that sweet potato broth. I need to make that again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet potato broth sounds really good! And you know my undying love of potato gems.
    Love that belleh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mint and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combos ever. The tots and tofu looks like an amazing meal, I bet it was the perfect post work comfort meal! The sweet potato broth sounds delicious too and hooray for kitty bellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I read that same post and was like i have to make sweet potato broth too!! Then it got weird warm here but it seems to actually be turning fall weather now so i'll make it soon- your version with the lentils and tofu sounds delicious
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beige meals are some of the tastiest! Joan definitely looks super proud that she secured her spot at the heater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I just want to pet Joan's belly!

    ReplyDelete