Saturday, October 7, 2017

Dr. Praeger's Bombay Burgers

A few weeks ago I found a jar of Creole seasoning on a WooHoo sale at Smith's for $.49! Ever since then it's been all I want on my oven fries. It has onion and garlic powder, paprika and I forget what else. I would go check but I have a sleepy cat cuddling with me so I'm locked in position for the time being. Anyway it is amazing on potatoes. And it makes my apartment smell so good! It smells like Alexia seasoned waffle fries. I had this big bowl yesterday for breakfast. Get my carbs in before work!
I was super surprised to see the grocery I work at sells Dr. Praeger's burgers. As I've mentioned it's not vegan friendly at all, and it's definitely more of a typical junk food grocery. Like the produce section is in the back, kind of hidden. Or like an afterthought. I've only had Dr. Praeger's burgers once or twice and I didn't hate them, but they didn't WOW me either. I think I tried just the original burger. Last night I noticed they were on sale and decided to treat myself. I got the Bombay flavor and consider me WOWED! It reminded me a little of the Vegetable Masala burgers from Trader Joe's. I used to love those so much, but like everything good in life they have gluten in them! Anyway these Bombay burgers have corn, peas and carrots and really great curry flavor. They also held their shape and had a better texture than I remember the other flavor I tried. I baked mine in the oven but I bet they'd be great cooked in a pan with a bit of coconut oil. I had these with some salt and pepper crinkle cut fries and was a happy gal. Between the horrible kitchen lighting, and no buns this meal looks so sad but trust me it was delicious! I give the Bombay burgers a strong ten out of ten!
                                                             
Delicious!!



7 comments:

  1. Trying to play catch up with your blog. It’s been about a week since I’ve read it. So sorry you are having to work at a job that you don’t like. I hope it gets better soon. I actually tried your cauliflower cheese sauce tonight. I’m not a big fan of the smoky part so I just added a ton of garlic. My kids couldn’t believe it when I told them it had the hated cauliflower in it, lol. Cherry Garcia is my favorite of the non dairy ice creams. Such a great taste with the chocolate chunks and cherry. I’m on the lookout for the Daiya cutting board shreds but no luck yet. We are going to be traveling about a hundred miles away to a concert tomorrow so we are going about 20 more miles to a Trader Joe’s. My first time and I can’t wait! Also, I saw this recipe and thought of you since it’s gluten free. https://www.nutritionicity.com/recipes/vegan-brazilian-cheese-bread/ I haven’t tried it yet but plan to soon. Kitties are the cutest as always! Loving that it’s getting cooler so mine will want to cuddle more. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the cauliflower sauce!! It is so amazing that you can't taste the cauliflower at all!!
      The Cherry Garcia is soooo good! I picked up the coconut seven layer bar last night because it was the last one.
      I can't wait to hear about your first trip to Trader Joe's! You're going to LOVE it!

      Delete
  2. Mmm... your oven fries are always so good looking!

    That is cool you were able to get those burgers on sale at your work! Do you get a staff discount as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No staff discount which is such a bummer. It's the first retail job I've ever had with no staff discount!

      Delete
  3. You are the queen of oven fries. They always look perfect and how smart to put that seasoning on there! Seasoned waffle fries are the best so to be able to mimic that is awesome. How great that you found the burgers there too! Hopefully you'll be able to dig up some more treasures there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Creole seasoning is seriously my new obsession. It's just so amazing with potatoes!
      I noticed that sometime in the past week my store actually started selling some gardein products. Even though I can't eat them I'm excited that obviously these have been requested. I'll still do my shopping at Trader Joe's but it's nice to know there are at least a few things I can pick up in a pinch.

      Delete
  4. The Creole seasoning sounds perfect! I've tried several Dr. Praeger's burgers when they were on sale, but I haven't gotten the Bombay one yet; glad to hear you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete