Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Progress

Has anyone tried the new So Delicious vegan shreds? I've seen a few pictures on Instagram of people using it, and it looks pretty melt-y and people seem to like it. I also saw the new daiya shreds a couple of weeks ago. New and improved taste and melt and all of that.
It seems like every week there is a new plant cheese and it makes me so happy. It shows me that even though we have such a long way to go, progress is being made. It's obviously not just vegans buying these cheeses. Progress is always a good thing.
I was a little under the weather yesterday, so even though I had the day off I didn't have the desire to do a lot of cooking. I made a lot of carrot orange juice, took a ginger detox bath and had a simple dinner of marinated tofu and Jasmine rice. I marinated to tofu in a mixture of soyaki sauce, Gyoza dipping sauce and sriracha. I also added sriracha to the top of the dish. I'm feeling a little better today, still not back to feeling one hundred percent better, but at least I feel like a human being.
So far fall here in SLC has been weirdly cold. I've had to turn my heat on several times already. Last winter I noticed that Joan likes to lay on the vents and get all the heat. But now Kanye has decided to follow suit.




10 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon. <3
    Dim Sim loves sitting in front of any heat vent. Though we are in summer now, so no heaters will be on for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am slowly improving, but not soon enough. Being sick is the worst!!
      I'm so happy to be done with summer to be honest. I dread winter but that heat was too much!

      Delete
  2. Are the Daiya shreds new and improved??? I think the last time I purchased them was over six months ago. That packaging looks different than I remember. They were okay but perhaps they're better now. Also, I must mention, all your tofu lately looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed on the bag that they say new and improved flavor and texture. The last time I bought daiya it was in the original package so I don't know if the new daiya is better. But I did buy the cheddar slices awhile ago and was surprised that they tasted good cold which is never the case for daiya.
      I have definitely improved my tofu baking skills!!

      Delete
  3. Haven't seen the Daiya shreds yet. But I got the So Delicious.... so far not impressed but I have only tried it sparingly in a quesadilla. Maybe I will try on a pizza soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen the new daiya shreds at that one store.But I did try the block not too long ago and the taste really was improved.
      I really hated the So Delicious boxed mac and cheese so I'm kind of scared of the shreds to be honest!

      Delete
  4. Haven't seen the So Delicious shreds yet; I'll keep an eye out! Hope you're feeling better soon! Cute Kanye learning from Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cold is holding on for dear life!! Kanye has definitely learned how to be a heat hog from Joan!!

      Delete
  5. I hope you are feeling better now, the change of seasons always seem to spread around colds. I gave up on vegan cheese a long time ago. I will buy a fancy nut based cheese once or twice a year to bring to a party (always a big hit!) but maybe it's time i give it another try, i'll keep an eye out for those new daiya shreds
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried one of daiya's new block cheeses awhile ago and it really was tasty. I even ate some cold which is normally a huge no no with daiya and it was delicious!
      But I'm with you, I rarely buy vegan cheese because it's so expensive.

      Delete