Sunday, October 22, 2017

Hazy Lazy Sunday

I needed a few things from Trader Joe's and found myself there yesterday afternoon. Saturday afternoon is probably one of the worst days to find yourself there. Yikes. But I lived to see another day and I still have all my hair! It was a quick trip, I just got a few basics.
Sparkling water,red onion,lemons,lite coconut milk, tofu x2,Jasmine tea,sweet potatoes,sweet onion,frozen strawberries, gluten free pasta, garlic,red lentils,tomato paste
I also stopped at Natural Grocers for a huge kombucha, a Hail Merry treat and some chocolate that was on sale. I love the big booch bottles at Natural grocers. They're about $6.50 and I get five servings so a little more than a dollar a serving. And they make great water bottles for later. I promised myself in the next few weeks I'm going to get a couple of jugs/pitchers and a starter set to make my own booch again. It's such a money saver.

For dinner I made pizza. I had a gluten free crust in my freezer so I cooked up some lentils and made a quick pizza sauce. I topped the crust with the sauce, lentils, a few dabs of olive tapenade, red onion, nooch, garlic, vegan shreds and crushed red pepper. It was so delicious! The olive tapenade added such a great salty flavor. I added fennel seed to the sauce so it had a great sausage-y flavor as well.
The picture is a little blurry, but I realized the blur is creating an almost angelic glow around Afro. So funny since she has been being such a pill! She has decided this chair is her favorite place to lay since it's kind of facing the door. She is obsessed with what is going on outside and tries to bum rush the door anytime I open it, or she thinks I'm going to open it.
This is my current view. I'm having a lazy Sunday morning blogging from bed and everyone but Joan is lounging. Joan is too busy staring at all the squirrel activity! I have today off and it feels so good to cuddle and lounge. I'm going to clean, cook and detox bath. My favorite kind of day!




7 comments:

  1. So jealous of your Trader Joe's trip! lol. I'm glad you have one near you, really. It's such a great place to shop. I meant to mention that I tried the Hail Mary lemon tarts from Natural Grocer too. I let one get too warm on the way home but had to try it. I live about 40 miles from Natural Grocer. It tasted a little more like coconut that I would like but the rest of them were cold when I ate them and it was the perfect blend of lemon and coconut. I'm glad you had them on your blog because I never would have noticed them. All your kitties are just so cute. Mine are getting super friendly because it's getting colder. I love having a lap kitty or two when it's cold or two snuggle buddies on a lazy Sunday morning in bed. Hope you had a good resting day off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so lost without a Trader Joe's. When I lived in Erie PA. it killed me not having a Trader Joe's.
      The Meyer Lemon tarts are one of my favorite treats. But you're right, they are better when they're cold. The warmth brings out the coconut flavor in full force!
      I now, I love that everyone is getting snugglier with the cooler temps. I guess it's one good thing about the cooler months!

      Delete
  2. Love the kitty shots! They look very snuggly.

    TJ's and Natural Grocers were also my grocery suppliers this week! Ha ha! I see you resisted the pumpkin everything items - I am such a sucker, and have to buy at least one. Or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been avoiding the pumpkin items. I'm not sure why, I think it's because it's so busy when I make it in there, I just grab my basics and go. I did try their canned butternut squash which I believe is seasonal, so I'm in the vicinity!

      Delete
  3. You are so brave to go to TJs on a weekend afternoon! Haha, the nyc locations are especially intense so i totally know what you mean...
    FYI- back when TJs wasn't selling the light coconut milk for a long while and only had regular i learned quickly from The Google that lite is basically regular coconut milk plus 50% water. So now i save a little $ and just buy regular and add water so i get two cans of lite coconut milk from one can regular plus one can of water :)
    I'm jealous your mega bottle of booch is $6.50, nyc is a special crazy of expensive and i have never seen it even on sale less than $10 for that big bottle. Actually making my own now but once in a while i buy one to try and match the flavor. I finally got the gingerade flavor perfect for my own batch and then i added a bit of cranberry juice to a few bottles which turned out really tasty.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like living the dream, all those kitties. I would definitely stay in bed for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a haul! Last week I only bought a bag of diced frozen cauliflower and carrots! LOL

    ReplyDelete