Saturday, December 19, 2015

Get Thee to Grocery Outlet!

I went to one of my favorite thrift stores yesterday, because I needed a lamp for next to my bed. I love to read at night before I go to sleep, and The overhead light is so bright, and I like to be able to stay in bed to while I turn off the light. Lucky for me the thrift store that I love is also next to a Grocery Outlet! It's a thrifting extravaganza! I found a lamp, and I found some deals so it was worth battling the rain.
Thrift haul!
I got the lamp and two pictures for seven dollars. Added bonus, the light bulb in the lamp works, so I didn't even need to buy one. That's a true bargain!
I took some pictures of things that I didn't buy, but I wanted to show the deals, and I took pictures of my haul of course.
Yes, Ritter dark chocolate bars for ninety nine cents! Sadly they didn't have the marzipan, but I enjoy their plain dark chocolate bars too!
Organic coconut flour for $1.99?? Some of the prices almost seem like a prank.
Yes! Amy's black bean chili well under two dollars? Both of these items are organic as well, so it's even more amazing.
Your eyes are not deceiving you, that is Silk cashew milk for ninety eight cents. What in the world??
All the vegan nogs for under $1.50!!
Spoiler alert- I bought some of this. Hummus for under a dollar??
Yes, that is Atheno's hummus for thirty eight cents. They had lots of dips that weren't vegan at great prices too. Veggie trays for the holidays?

The force was with me, and they still had Chao at the sweetest of all prices!
Now, onto my haul. I believe I spent twenty three dollars, and I saved thirty five dollars! My favorite is when I save more than I spent. It's the closest I'll ever feel to one of those extreme couponers!
There were a few things I bought that weren't pictured. I got some cat food, and cotton balls. I will be going back to get more of the Amy's chili. That is if there is any left. Vegan specialty items go quick!
I made a really delicious chili mac and cheese with the Amy's chili. I had some cashews that had been soaking for two days and they needed to be used, so I made a quick cashew cheese sauce, added it to some cooked macaroni, and mixed in a can of the Amy's black bean chili. I broke up a few pieces of the Chao tomato cayenne and stirred those in, and baked for about twenty minutes. It tasted amazing if I do say so myself! I had never had the Amy's black bean chili, and man was I missing out!
All in all I have to say yesterday was an epic success! Good deals, and good food, and I can stay cozy in bed while turning off my light!
Today I will be rearranging my living room. I've been in a bit of a slump, and I think changing the scenery a little will help freshen everything up. My cats will be both interested and annoyed I'm sure.
What are your weekend plans?




6 comments:

  1. That Grocery Outlet is incredible. If I had one, it seems like it would instantly take me out of any slump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! What I love the most is that you never know what to expect when you go, so it never gets boring.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a fab shopping trip! You got such great bargains. I haven't seen any of those products in the Uk apart from the Little Miracles tea which I remember picking up at a bargain store too and liking. We don't have eggnog here but I've been making my own this weekend using cashews and coconut milk and it was so good. We even poured some over warm mince pies instead of cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Little Miracles tea yesterday. Very tasty and very sweet with no sugar! Homemade eggnog sounds amazing! I bet it's amazing with cashews!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know. Every time I go in there I am blown away!

      Delete