Sunday, July 5, 2015

Uppercut, Relations, Sofritas!

I wanted to share this workout before my trip, and it totally slipped my mind! I love boxing/kickboxing to work up a sweat. I don't know what this says about me, but I really love throwing imaginary jabs, hooks, and punches! I did this workout today in a very small space, with several needy kitties milling around me. It's very doable in small spaces, and also it's not too loud if you have downstairs neighbors. POPSUGAR fitness is a great channel with so many workouts. They have five, ten, fifteen, twenty, thirty, and forty minute workouts. Sometimes I mix and match several ten and fifteen minute workouts to make one complete workout. It's a great way to sample some of the current, trendy workouts. Gotta stay hip you know! After being in a car sitting for soooo many hours, my legs felt like mush, so it feels good to move again!
I forgot to mention in my travel food post yesterday that I also tried Chipotle's tofu sofritas. I had it in a burrito with black beans, rice, corn salsa, guac, and hot salsa. It was so delicious! I loved Chipotle pre-sofritas, so this just makes me love them more. Although I don't eat fast food, or at restaurants very often, I love that there are places where in a pinch you can feel safe to eat something as a vegan. Chipotle makes vegans feel comfortable and welcome, not like we are pains in the ass put on earth to make everyone's lives difficult! I also appreciate places where vegan, vegetarian, and omnivores can easily be satisfied.
Speaking of omnivores, I traveled across country with a non-vegan. I have to admit it was and continues to be a struggle. I guess I have learned over the years how to fake it at work, and keep my opinions to myself about meat and meat eaters. I guard my personal life as my time to feel how I feel, and try to make my small little life as compassionate as possible, and watching someone eat meat several times a day one foot away from my face, and I can't walk away has been hard. I so don't want to say obnoxious things, but man it isn't easy. I'm interested in how other people handle relationships, whether family, friend, or romantic with non-vegans, or do you choose to only be around vegans? Any feedback would be great, as I realize now how much I need to brush up on my social skills. My seclusion in Erie has left me feeling more comfortable with cats than humans, not that I think that's a bad thing. Ha!
I'm off to wash all the cat blankets and towels that were laying down on the floor of the van. I get to sit in the beautiful Seattle sun while doing laundry, not holed up in a seedy laundromat so PROGRESS! Hopefully this week once I've moved into my place, and I get all settled I can start taking some more super awesome(ha) pictures, and so on and so forth. I expect that my picture quality will be improving also if all goes according to plan.
I hope your holiday weekend is all you want it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment