Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Daiya You Nailed It!

Dylan shared his Coco Whip!
I tried the Daiya cheezecake last night, and it was a huuuuuuge hit! I have too say this is only the third vegan cheesecake I've ever tried in my life, but it is number one. It's frozen when you buy it, so the directions say to that in the fridge for 5-6 hours, and at room temperature for twenty minutes. When it was ready to slice, I noticed how creamy it was, it was almost too realistic. It has a gluten free graham cracker style crust which was very easy to slice through. I topped the cake with the berry sauce, and a little Coco Whip that Dylan so generously shared. It was love at first bite. It is creamy, and tangy and everything I remember about cheesecake! It got massive thumbs up from a non vegan who was uber skeptical. It was an eyes roll back in the head kind of reaction. Daiya nailed it with this delicious cake. According to the back of the box, they make chocolate, strawberry, and key lime pie cheezecakes.  Vegan Haven was completely out of chocolate, which I take as a sign of deliciousness.  I tasted a bite with no toppings, so I could be really fair. It tasted like the cheesecake of my youth. The one made with Philadelphia cream cheese. It was better than I expected. To be honest, because daiya is not my favorite vegan cheese, I was a tad skeptical myself. I would proudly serve this to every non vegan in the world, and I bet very few would know that this was a vegan cheesecake. For anyone who avoids soy, this is also soy free. Daiya seems to be a very allergen friendly company! Although the main ingredient is coconut, there is virtually no coconut taste. I just don't know how they did it! Although this is definitely on the decadent side, it's nice to know that we vegans have such a rich dessert option! I can't wait to try the other flavors.
I'm off to do a brutal workout to make up for the rich dessert last  night! It was soooo worth it. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Look at all these great products arriving on the shelves just as I leave. Wonder what Daiya will come out with next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I hope your store will get these cheesecakes in, they are amazing! I've been on the lookout for the boxed daiya macaroni and cheese. I guess it has a squeeze packet of cheese. I've also heard good things about daiya's smoked Gouda block, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to try Daiya's Cheese Cake! I have heard amazing feedback on it - probably won't see it around here for YEARS yet sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm sorry, I remember that feeling like it was yesterday. (It almost was!) It is so amazing. I really don't know how they did it. It is eerily similar to the real deal.

      Delete