Sunday, July 26, 2015

Changing the World One Condiment at a Time!

Pizza with pesto before baking.
I decided to make a pizza with pizza sauce, Cannellini beans, kale, red onion, some of my homemade pesto, and Trader Joe's vegan shreds. The shreds from Trader Joe's have become my favorite vegan cheese to cook with. It has such great melt, and is a great price.
It came out great. The pesto added a nice garlicky, herby kick. I had to top it off with crushed red pepper of course! I had already eaten some of the finished product before I remembered to take a picture! It was suggested to me that pesto can be used in tofu scrambles, and as a condiment for a sandwich, so I think a pesto tofu scramble will use up the rest of the pesto nicely!
I read this piece of out of this world news today! I have heard murmerings of 7-11 making this switch for awhile, but now it seems to really be happening. This could really open some people's eyes about how far vegan food has come. People might be more willing to try a veggie burger instead of a traditional burger, maybe they would try a piece of Chao instead of dairy cheese. It also means that other places are going to copycat, because that seems to be the way. In this case copying is a good thing! I say this all the time, but there is so much cruelty in this world to fight, it can easily become so overwhelming. At least I feel that way sometimes. And that can be a dangerous way to feel. It can lead to a why bother mentality. It's important to take note of all the good things that are happening, and making things better for animals. As tasty as Just Mayo is, I don't see why anyone who likes mayo wouldn't switch to a kinder mayo. I think people are so scared of giving up the tastes and textures they grew up with, and it's really getting to the point that no one has to!
Have you tried Just Mayo yet?

2 comments:

  1. I love pesto! I have 3 basil plants at work and my mom has like 11 of them and she told me the other day that she didn't really know what to do with them because she wasn't crazy about Pesto so I had to take some of it! I think I will be busy creating different pesto recipes VERY soon! Keep an eye out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I can't wait, I love new pesto recipes!

    ReplyDelete