Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Sprouts Budget Vegan Haul!

I finally made it to Sprouts to get some groceries! I wasn't able to make it over the weekend for several reasons. Sprouts was very, very quiet on a Monday morning so it was actually pretty nice!
Red pepper, apple, soy protein powder, nooch, potatoes, Brussels sprouts puffs, strawberriesx3,tofux3,bulk ginger,garam masala,vanilla powder,lemons,avocado,onion,coconut milk, garlic
Sprouts had some great sales this week, including $.99 tofu and strawberries for $.88 a pound! I spent only twenty dollars for all this stuff, which combined with staples like beans and rice that I already have will feed me for a week!
I know I eat a lot of the same meals, but I enjoy those meals, they fit into my budget and they make me happy so I'm not bored at all.
I saw these at Sprouts and had to kind of chuckle. They're almost five dollars which seems silly because curry powder is cheaper, and can't you just add a little to whatever you're cooking if you want that flavor?
When I was taking my little haul picture, I noticed Etta licking my nooch bag! So I opened it up and she dove right in! We have a nooch monster!
Last night I made sushi and I used the bamboo rice. It's pretty perfect for sushi because it's short grain and very sticky. One roll is tofu with a spicy mayo sayce, and one roll is avocado and tofu with soy sauce and wasabi. This hit the spot!



6 comments:

  1. Your sushi rolls came out amazing! They look beautiful and I bet they were so tasty! The haul looks awesome and you definitely got some great deals! Those strawberries, OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!! Haha Etta the nooch monster! My cat was an olive fiend! Whenever my dad had olives he would pounce, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really tasty! The bamboo rice worked out perfectly!!
      The cherries I got on sale last week were super disappointing, but the strawberries are AMAZING! I ate a bunch and then froze the rest for smoothies!
      That's hilarious, I've never heard of a cat loving olives!

      Delete
  2. I had a dog that would steal apples out of my hands if I was eating one. Animals can be so funny!

    That is really an amazing price for tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sushi looks so lovely!

    None of my cats have ever had any interest in nooch, even if I offer it up to them. Sometimes it is hard to believe that we are related. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I've always read that cats like nooch, but no one else has any interest besides Etta! She and I have a lot in common, camera shy, nooch lovers!

      Delete
  4. Awesome haul, and your sushi looks so good!

    ReplyDelete