Saturday, June 15, 2019

Rancho Market Produce Haul!

I have a little haul from a new to me store today! I went to a new to me store called Rancho Market! It's a Mexican market with some AMAZING deals on produce! I've heard people at work talk about this store but it's always in regards to their amazing meat section so I never really thought of it as a place for me. But I noticed a flyer the other day and was amazed at the fruit and veg prices. So yesterday I decided to check it out. I am the dork of the universe and forgot my phone so I couldn't take any pictures in the store, but I will definitely be going back! I didn't really check out the whole store, I just kind of stayed in the produce section. They have stuff I've never seen at a regular grocery, even Sprouts which has a pretty huge produce section! I got some cactus fruit and tiny little baby guavas that smell so incredible I can't even handle it!! Why have I never seen a guava scented candle?
Watermelon, bamboo shoots,red onion, tostadas, pineapple, green onion, cilantro, pasilla pepper, jalapenos, avocado,oranges,apples,tomatillos,iceberg lettuce,baby guava, cactus fruit,lemon, fresh turmeric, ataulfo mangoes, nectarines

I also got some delicious red grapes that didn't make it in the picture. I got all of this delicious fresh produce for thirty dollars!! I'm grateful to have stores like this and Sprouts so I can have a lot of fresh produce at a very affordable price. Fruits and vegetables should always be cheaper than junk food and it's sad that it isn't.

This was my simple and really, really delicious dinner. Quinoa, tofu, avocado and lettuce cups with a spicy peanut sauce. I have to say that I really enjoy messy, dipping meals like this with lots of textures. And while I do still love lentils, it was incredible to have something other than lentils!!



8 comments:

  1. That looks like such an amazing haul, and your dinner looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive haul for $30. There's something about the crunch from biting into a fresh lettuce cup filled with deliciously saucy ingredients that's so satisfying. Your dinner feels light and refreshing and crunchy! Good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more! I love the cold crunch and warm tofu and quinoa and the sauce! Kids have the right idea!

      Delete
  3. One thing I miss about living in Texas was the Mexican grocery chain Fiesta. I have never adjusted to the northeast's avocado prices! They're easily 3-6X as much most of the time. I'm glad you found a new store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that's one thing I notice about SLC is I often find super deals on avocados!! I remember when I lived in PA they always seemed to cost so much more!!
      I love finding new groceries, especially ones with excellent deals!!

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing, what a wonderful dinner as well. And sounds like you found some very fun produce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good! There is a local Mexican run grocery store near me, but they only do produce. I use to go there often till I moved a few towns over.

    ReplyDelete