Friday, June 28, 2019

Foods I've Been Eating

Summer is officially here in SLC. Unfortunately! I've always loved summer, and I've always loved the sun. But it gets so hot and dry here and once summer really hits the sun is no longer my friend. I'm very used to getting the winter blues, but I think I get more of the summer blues to be honest!
I got a little surge of kitchen inspiration last weekend, but this week it's kind of gone. I'm kind of back to my usual meals which is fine, I do enjoy them but I need to get out of this rut!
You know I can't go more than a wee without a curry! This is a red and green lentil and tofu curry. Super delicious as always!
Tofu and avocado rolls


This is the saddest japchae ever! I found a package of sweet potato glass noodles in my pantry so I knew what I wanted for dinner, but I didn't have a ton of veggies. So I baked some tofu and made the most basic of basic dishes!
I've still been drinking celery juice. This is celery and watermelon juice. It might sound weird, but it's actually pretty tasty!!
I call this the summertime pose! This is what I usually walk home to. Five lazy girls showing their floof! I thought this was a perfect summertime pose because she's using my flip flop as a pillow!!
Yes, we have a return of the packing paper! They have it almost completely shredded, but they love it so much I don't have the heart to get rid of it yet!



4 comments:

  1. Celery and watermelon sounds amazing! It also looks so dark! Must of been a very red watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of your meals look incredible! Your sushi skills are on point, those rolls look amazing! The color of that juice is beautiful and I think that the watermelon is a perfect flavor to combat the celery. Look at that floofy belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, it's definitely summer now. The flip-flops have resumed their supporting role in your blog posts.

    Oh, and that dish with the glass noodles? Looks fantastic. Like something from a food magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The noodles look amazing, even in the absence of vegetables. I love sweet potato noodles.
    I also love floofy cat tummies on display!

    ReplyDelete