Thursday, June 13, 2019

Lentils All Day Every Day

Tomorrow is grocery day, thank gourd! I've done pretty well on the twenty dollars I spent last week at Sprouts and stuff I had in my pantry and fridge, but at the same time I am definitely ready for a little more variety. This is going to sound like the most vegan thing I've ever said in my life, but I am really craving a HUGE salad! Ha!
I've been eating a lot of lentils these past few days and tonight I'll be having them too. Lentils are always my go to when things are TIGHT.
The other day I marinated some lentils in BBQ sauce, and then when I got home I seasoned some cubed potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic powder, roasted them up and then topped them with the lentils and some vegan cheddar. Really simple and really satisfying.
I had some leftover cooked lentils, so I added them to the batter of a chickpea pancake. This was super filling, kept me full all day actually! I made a little spicy mayo for dipping.
I had a bag of cauliflower gnocchi in my freezer, so last night I had those with you guessed it, lentils in some tomato basil sauce. I sauteed the gnocchi in a little olive oil, and added garlic powder and crushed red pepper. And lots of nooch at the end.
All in all I have no complaints, I've been well fed and even though my diet has been very lentil forward, I've still had variety. But I still am so ready for that salad!




7 comments:

  1. Good job! But I know what you mean and I hope you get your salad soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I've been craving some fresh veggies too. I need to refigure my budget and work on getting some more freshness into my life. I haven't felt much like cooking lately but I really need to get back into it because I know at least my body will feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's it's warming up I just all of a sudden started really wanting salads!!
      I hope you feel up to cooking soon!!!

      Delete
  3. So many creative ways to use lentils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I did come up with a lot of ways to have lentils! I am taking a little break from them though!!

      Delete
  4. I love lentils, and you have used them in lots of fun ways. They are so versatile!
    But I hope you got that big salad! Sometimes you just need something fresh.

    ReplyDelete